XXIII

"Aye Chris wake up."

I heard a soft masculine voice say to me. My body was being shook awake. Whipping my eyes, I roll over on my back and looked in to the face of Shayvez.

"Shayvez... How you...did I...did we__."

I paused in my sentence throwing the covers back and saw that I was still fully clothed. I was still a tad bit puzzled to why I was in his bed.

"Yea I figured you wouldn't be known to what's going on. You don't remember coming over to my house this morning?!"

"No... how did...I..."

"You didn't... I mean we didn't do nothing. We just felled asleep. I held you in my arms. You were crying all night talking about your dad."

Then it hit me I was ready to cry again but my eyes were so puffy and swollen from crying all last night. Resting my head back on the pillow I placed my hands on my face.

"Aye man...for real I'm sorry for your lost. I hate you going through this right now. You need anything I'm right for real."

"Thanks, but you done enough."

"Nah for real Chris I got you. I'm here for you if you need anything."

"That's fine but I still have to get use to the fact that one moment you were some anal ass bully and now you trying to be more than a friend."

"I mean yea it sounds fuck up but I'm trying to change all that."

"And what?! You are expecting for it to just happen in a day?"

"Nah... I'm just saying I'm hear for you. I was dead ass when I told you I was feeling you. Obviously, you have something mutual cause you came back to me for support."

"Yea you right. I just need a friend and a shoulder to cry on. Look this is just all too much for me right now ok?! Just give me a little bit of time."

I spoke getting out the bed. I needed to go home and take a shower. Hopefully everyone was still at the hospital.

"Let me walk you out."

he said jumping to his feet. Checking the hall to see if it was clear. We walked downstairs and out the front door.

"Aye look just hit me up OK?! I just wanna make sure you alright."

He voiced giving me a hug. Nodding my head in agreement I made my leave. The walk home felt long and depressing. Giving me too much time to mourn over my father. Remembering some of those good times when he was in his better health. We used to ride around in abandoned parking lot in his red mustang doing donuts. Me and Anton was better loving brothers then. Just small kids chuckling in the back seat as he made those funny faces at us in the review mirror. Then after that we would go over to our Grandma house just to eat a bunch of sweets. She always had the best cakes. Pops use to always jump around in her front yard and kick over her garden norms saying they was creepy. We would do this almost every day before he had to go and do a double shift at work. Sometimes he would do a triple shift just because someone called out and he wanted the extra money for us. Those were the days I dreaded. We would barely see him. Only saw on a lunch break then.

Then there was the time when dad took me for my first driving lesson. Anton stay talking about me when it was me the first one who actually knew how to drive
Anton almost made use crash into a mail box. Then the mailman while he was delivering the mail. Once I got behind the wheel I rode around the neighborhood three times. Anton couldn't get off the first street. Yea that was the day we met dad Old high school flame. She lived two blocks over from us. Pops was standing in front of the car just smiling and chatting away. I just knew he was gonna get in trouble cause the lady was rubbing all on his arm asking about us and how his love life was. I was a nosy fifteen-year-old. Next thing we knew was mama came pulling up on us. With no questions she hopped out the car and went the swinging. Come to find out pops was slick trying to cheat. It wasn't successful cause mama stop that real quick. Mama drugged that woman all through her yard. It was too funny to me and Anton cause how pops was looking and reacting. But those were their bad times in their marriage. Mama threw him out for about two months. But when he got back he never tried that again.

I whipped my eye as I approached the drive way. Seeing a red truck sitting in my driveway I figured somebody was home. I took a deep breath before entering. Opening the door the house was dead and hollow. As I closed the door I hear a shower running. I guess somebody had stopped through to get a bath. Then the shower turned into moans. Soft and passionate moans.

"Umm...Shamya?!"

I said under my breath. The moans were soft but heavy enough to carry. OK maybe I should just leave. No Ima go down the hall and to my room. Its none of my business. But still...I thought to myself. I crept slowly down the hall. Trying not to make a sound. The bathroom door was wide open. The moans started to turn into some deep grunting. All I thought was dang Anton is really putting it down on Mya. I tip toed over to the door and my stomach started to form butterflies. Just a little peek I thought nothing harmless.

"Ok...One...Two...Three___."

I turned and what a surprised I got. My eyes stretched and my mouth dropped, Those soft moans were passionate for real. I honestly thought he was lying. We got in and fight that day about it. But his wasn't lying. I can't believe it!

 ٜ