XXXVII

I couldn't believe that mama was really letting this nigga stay up in here. Like I don't even feel right walking around my own house while he was hear. He was like forty-five going on sixty and still calling me his lil man. Ugh if I had the power I would erase his whole existence.

"Aye Chris I think you being to hard the old man. Lighten up."

Mat said as we sat outside on the steps catching up from when she left. Was she serious I thought. Like in that moment I could have really slapped her silly for that, but I knew she was coming from a positive perspective.

"Mat...the nigga was touching me and damn near my rapist when I was a kid."

"Yea I know and don't get me wring that's awful, but he didn't though. At the max he felt and touched on you. But you survive something that could have been way more worse than it became."

"So what I supposed to do sit up hear and allow h to continue to make slick comments to me."

"No what I am saying is that he is here for another day. Just avoid him and act like he doesn't exist."

Mat said resting her hand on my shoulder. I really don't think she get where I was coming from but just to hear her self-talk she would.

"Well I would stay and chat but I got to go. My girlfriend coming into town and I wanna go see her."

"OK make sure you wear a condom."

"Boy....bye."

Mat said pushing me in my shoulder. Now I was stuck with this dirty dick nigga in my house. Sometimes I hate myself for not having a life. Mat got her girlfriend. Tyrese was out with Anton. Mama at work. Shayvez was not that far but I really didn't feel like going over his house. In that moment my phone rung and it was Carlson.

"Yo what it do Chris?"

"Nothing just chilling what's up?"

"Nothing I was around in your neighborhood and what you got going? Me and my moms done got into it and I just really need to chill."

"Well come through. I'm bored I don't mind the company its just me and my Uncle."

"Ight that's a bet be there in a few."

He said hanging up. Good now I got somebody who ass I can whoop in C.O.D III. rushing back into the house to straighten up the place a little. I ran to my room so I can check myself and make sure I smelt pleasant. I could take a lil wash up real quick. I thought snatching off my clothes and jumping into the shower. I didn't smell but what's a little shower you should want to stay clean.

Wrapping the towel around my waist I walked back into my room and threw on something casual.

"Aye lil...I mean Chris I'm about to step out for a moment. You want me to get you anything?!"

"Nah I'm good thanks."

I said quickly putting on my shirt. Uncle stood there at the door for a moment with a puzzled look on his face.

"You s___."

"I said I'm good."

I said cutting him off. Not speaking another word. He turned and walked away. A minute later I heard Carlson in the living room. Guessing UNC let him in as he went out. I finished getting dressed and walked up the hall.

"Sup dude?"

"Sup...so can you explain to me why you and your momma fighting?"

"Man... dude she was wilding."

Carlson said following me into the kitchen. Making us something to eat we ate and I sat and listen to how him and his momma got into it about school. She wants him to go to a school close by home, so she can help him with the kids. And he wants to move away from them. After we ate we retired to the living room and Played Call of Duty and of course I was tagging Carlson left to right. Well it was fair but I was the best gamer still. We hung out the whole day. I didn't even notice how late it was getting.

"Shit damn bruh its 10:25 where the time go?"

"In this game we so damn lame."

I said cracking a joke on us. I was so into us chilling I didn't even know my mom and Uncle was here.

"Aye Ima have to go in a lil let me use your bathroom."

I showed Carlson to my bathroom in my room. Leaving out I went to go check on my mom peeking through the crack in her room door she wasn't in there. uncle was watching TV. Hmm I thought and then looking across the hall in the guest room where Pops use to sleep and there she was. Sleep last ng in his spot. She looked so peaceful. They had a strong love for each other.

"Aye you got some more of them chicken fries left?!"

Carlson said tapping me on my shoulder. This dude loves to eat.

"Nah man I don't you ate them all."

I stated. Then I heard the front door flew open and the sound of laughter and people stumbling. Rushing up the hall to see it was Ant and Tye coming in the house sloppy drunk.

"Dang can yall be anymore louder mom in there sleep."

"Shit...we sorry. Damn you acting mad pussy."

Anton said forming his words. I was not about to do this with him.

"Uh uh...wait who this nigga?!"

Tye said trying to stay up tall.

"Ok yea I'm out bruh."

"Yea you be out nigga."

"Y'all just move."

I said pushing the out our way. I stepped outside with Carlson to see him off.

"Aye man don't pay attention to them niggas."

"Man I ain't sweating them drunks. I got better things to do."

He said tilting his head to the side and looking at me. I was confused for a moment to why he says that.

"Yea...yea so you out?"

"Yea...thanks for chilling with me."

"No problem bruh."

I said covering up my smile.

"Don't hide your smile...it's cute."

Carlson said pulling my hand down. I hung my head because I was feeling butterflies in my stomach all of a sudden.

"Don't hang your head either."

He said lifting my face up. Our eyes met and then our lips. Oh fuck! Carlson was kissing me. Was this real or was I dreaming.

"Ok...well ok"

I said pulling back. Licking his lips Carlson grin showing off his teeth.

"My bad bruh. I don't __."

"Nah you good. I just...I'm go in now before they wake my momma up."

"Ight...well just text me."

"Ok"

I said turning and rushing into the house. What the fuck was that?