XL

"No no no...nigga listen you go check the greens. Tyrese run to the store and get the cake please! Anton, I know you happy to have yo girlfriend back but can y'all please get off y'all asses and set up the table Damn!"

Leave to my auntie to come through with the drill Sargent attitude. We were scrambling like flies everywhere trying to get things ready. We were throwing moms an appropriation party. She finally had a good day off and we sent her off on a day to just relax. Calling up my auntie She help me put everything together. Throwing her a small party with her favorite party foods. We had lemon pepper, buffalo, and honey braised wings, Swedish meatballs, chip and dip, pin wheels, fruits and vegetable trays, and more. Inviting most of the family to help celebrate we was pressed for time.

"Ok Chris thank you sweety go on and get dress now. She will be here in a few."

"Yes ma'am just make sure y'all hide that cake from her. If she sees it, it will be a murder scene."

I said cracking a joke. Getting my mama her favorite cake boy nobody will be able to come close to it. Running to my room slamming the door behind me I doves into my closet to find something to wear. I wanted to make her feel around and happy and then boom it hit me. I rugged to the back of my closet and found the perfect outfit.

"I hope you getting in the shower first."

I quickly turned around to see Anton standing in my room.

"Yea...this something special to Momma so yea. What you wearing?'

"Shit I don't know...I'll find something though. But aye thanks for putting this together tho."

"Nah it was nothing...just with everything with the job and pops passing I jus___."

I quickly paused looking up at Anton clicking his jaws. He turned his head away trying to prevent the pain from coming.

"Aye Ant I'm___."

"Nah...nah you good. I'm jus___."

"You don't have to talk about it if you not ready."

"That's just the problem. I am ready to talk but shit still hurts."

He said crackling in his words. I quickly embraced him as he belted out. Finally letting it go. I held him up as he let it out over my shoulder.

"Pops was everything Chris! He was everything."

"I know its ok."

"I'm not strong with out him bruh. This shit hurts. Bruh I can't do this shit without him."

"Ant yes you can."

"Nah bruh I can't."

"Ant!"

I raised my voice. I couldn't believe what he was saying. I mean yea Pops was always bailing him out of things. Pops was Anton crutch and now he felt left for dead.

"Ant listen...pops still right here. In you me and momma. He ain't gone no where. He just not here physically. You are strong cause he raised us to be. Come on now, I know it hurts but I know and I promise you that I got you bro. We may fight but I'm not gonna leave you alone in this world. Pops raised us up to be strong together for our family. So you know you can do it."

"Bruh this shit hard."

"And who said it gonna be easy. That's why we gotta fight through it and stand strong, but I can't do it alone you gotta be there with me."