Dates That Don't End in Disaster Are the Best Kind

A/N Cece's POV will be either very minimal or not in a lot of chapters.

- Adam's POV -

I knock onto Layla's door, incredibly nervous about how tonight will go. My mind is really hoping for this to go well.

She walks out, in a beautiful and simple white dress that hugs her body. "You...look...absolutely perfect."

She blushes and takes my hand. "You look handsome tonight."

We walk to the restaurant, I hold the door open for her and we enter.

"Table for two? Right this way." The waiter guided us to an empty table.

We grab our menus, the first thing I read is chicken Caesar salad; Cece's favourite. I shake my head from the lingering thought, it's not fair to Layla if I think about Cece.

"Do you know what you'd like to order?" The same waiter comes back.

I look quickly at the other items. "I'll get the chicken schnitzel please."

He turns to Layla. "Chicken Caesar Salad, please." She smiles.

Wonderful...just wonderful. The waiter whisks our menus and heads off to the kitchens.

After a small silence I clear my throat. "So tell me about yourself, Layla."

Her smile widens. "Well I love exercise, reading, writing and anime."

We have quite a few things in common, although I've never seen anime in my life. "You seem wonderful, you also remind me of my friend, Cece."

She blushes. "Thank you, and Cece sounds like a cool person, now it's your turn."

I chuckle. "I love exercising, training, Harry Potter, Batman and music."

"What's one thing you've never told anybody?" She straightens up and leans forward.

I pause, trying to think of something that's the least embarrassing. "When I was 9, my mean friend at the time made me think I was adopted. I hadn't seen my birth certificate so I was really gullible. Oh wait I may have told Cece that."

She is silent for a brief second then laughs. "That's so sad. My older sister convinced me that they found me in a Vietnamese dumpster when I was eight."

I try not to burst out laughing. "Okay, you win with the cruelest story."

Our meals came shortly after. The chicken schnitzel tasted amazing, I felt guilty about how many times Cece crossed my mind. It didn't help that Layla has the exact same sense of humour and has a love for exercise.

We ask each other more questions and really get to know each other a lot more; she's such an incredible person.

After we finish our dessert, chocolate mousse, we head outside.

She takes my hand and squeezes it gently. "I had a really amazing time tonight."

"So did I, it was great learning to know more about you."

She smiles and we keep walking. "Does this mean there'll be a second date?"

I grin. "If you're lucky. I'm just kidding I'd love to have a second date."

By the time we finish organising the next date, we've arrived at her house. I walk her up to the door, we pause for a second and look into each other's eyes. She leans forward, and I kiss her cheek. Slight confusion was written all over her face and I mentally slap myself, she was probably expecting an actual kiss. We say our last goodnight and she goes inside.

Great, Adam, not only did you think about Cece more than once; you also managed to make things even more awkward.