Reunion

- Adam's POV -

"Eight months is a long time." I say, whilst biting into a fresh strawberry. Cece always knew how to make the best fruit salads.

She takes a bite out of a piece of watermelon and nods. "Too long."

"This question has been bothering me for ages; why exactly didn't you tell me about your brother possibly being alive?"

She shrugged nonchalantly. "I didn't want to fill myself with false hope mainly. Also I didn't want you to try talking me out of it and you did need to stay here."

"I know, I know, to finish training."

"Actually, whilst I was away I made sure the Renegades didn't come. I wanted you here in case they managed to get past me, which they did eventually. You're easily the second best fighter here, it wouldn't be right to have the two best fighters leave for eight months." She nervously pokes at her fruit, absentmindedly stabbing the same strawberry three times.

I smile, her actual reason is a lot better than the one she originally told me. "I'm so sorry I was ever angry at you, now that you explain it all, it makes complete sense."

She smiles. "Adam I completely understand why you were mad, you had every right to be. The reason why I was such a bitch was so that you didn't miss me that much at all or in case I didn't make it back."

I chuckle under my breath. "Cece you could be the biggest bitch ever and I would still feel heart broken that you're gone."

She laughs. "Heart broken? Aww Adam I knew I'd grown on you. How's it all going with Jen?"

I sigh. "Jen hates my guts because Layla told her some extravagant story of how I broke her heart."

"She'll come around eventually. Also Khan wants you for the elite team." She smiles that beautiful smile.

I grin and fist bump the air. "YES! WOOHOO!"

I jump up and start a mini victory dance.

- Cece's POV -

I can't help but smile about how cute Adam looks when he's this excited. I shake my head from the thought of him being cute and return to my salad.

He suddenly jumps up in his signature victory dance. I clutch my stomach from laughing so hard as he grabs my hand and we start improvising a dance.

He suddenly picks me up and spins me around, which I wasn't ready so I let out a tiny scream. We're both beside ourself with laughter, it really feels like old times; even better than old times actually.

"Thank you, I know that Khan would've consulted you about this." He sets me down.

Smiling, I say casually. "Oh it was nothing, besides you deserve to be in the elite team."

His grin widens, then it turns serious. "I was also wondering if you'd help me with some private training. I know I have changed and being around you makes me feel the same again. As you can see from the epic dance moves."

I smile as I replay his dance in my mind. "I'd love to give some private training."

He beams proudly and we continue another victory dance, spinning all around the kitchen bench and just letting go of everything.

It felt really perfect.