Confusion and Knives

Cece's POV

Yesterday was one of the most confusing days. First off, I decided to leave the village, then I end up coming back because of Marco. Then I decide to tell Adam everything and then he kisses me. What is that supposed to mean? Was it heat of the moment, or something more?

These sort of thoughts really ignited my insomnia, I try not to overthink because it probably was just heat of the moment. I don't want to be disappointed, so I shouldn't get my hopes up or else it'll just plummet.

I readjust my bag strap and continue walking throughout the markets. Colourful stalls and signs litter the once clear Square.

"Hey, Cece! Wait up!" Josh appears by my side, breathless and bending over.

"Hey, Josh. What's up?" I smile at my goofy friend.

"Are you able to please cover the start of my training session? I'll be a little late because of Khan and Tanashi. Only like fifteen minutes maximum." He pleads.

I pause, hesitance clearly written on my face. "I don't know..." my voice trails off.

"Please, I'm desperate. Tanashi would hate if I postpone another training session." He pouts.

I mentally curse myself and sigh. "Okay, I'll cover. When does it start."

"In twenty minutes, I'm so sorry for the late notice but you know Khan with his meeting times." He apologises and then rushes off.

Great, I was expecting it to be either later on in the afternoon, or another day completely. Sighing, I rush back to my apartment and change. I decide on wearing my Nike white crop and high waisted black leggings with my black and white Nikes.

Chucking my hair up in a ponytail, I sprint to the gym. Josh always leaves his folder in the room, so I glance at his lesson plan. Blades is what they're practising, throwing knives.

Shouldn't be too hard to cover, I just need to stand there and tell them what to do.

Simon strolls in, and grins. "Cece! Are you training us?"

I smile. "Just covering for Josh until his meeting is done."

Rae walks in and grimaces. "Damn, I thought I had finally gotten rid of you."

I roll my eyes and grin. "Nice to see you too, Rae." We are on  much better terms since the battle with Marco.

Adam and Marvin walk in, arguing about something or other; Marvin notices me first and beams. "Cece! Wait, where's Josh?" At the mention of my name, Adam looks up.

I narrow my eyes and smile. "What, I'm not good enough? Only kidding, I'm just covering for him until his meeting is finished. He mentioned you guys were practising throwing knives, you know the technique?"

Adam, Simon and Rae nod but Marvin blushes. "Uhm, I kind of forgot."

I smile reassuringly, I've forgotten plenty of moves myself. My eyes scan the room and I walk over to the box of knives and the targets set up.

"Remember, you want to keep your feet and body facing your target head on. When you hold your knife grip it like this," I show them how to properly hold it. "Then just aim, you want to get the right amount of velocity. So aim slightly higher than where you want the blade to go." I instruct.

I mimic what I just said and let the blade fly out of my hand and puncture the target, a clean head shot.

"That was incredible!" Marvin applauds and fetches the knife.

I shrug it off. "It's all about the technique, nothing special."

The boys line up at their targets. "Simon, feet shoulder width apart." I calmly say.