Bad Timing

- Adam's POV -

Each time I think of last night, I can't help but grin. Everything was just perfect: the advice, the training, the kiss. Oh god that kiss was beyond perfect.

Training was certainly more enjoyable after the kiss. Cece shut down the simulation, we kissed again then moved onto controlling my anger.

She's just so damn incredible, everything is amazing about her; from her looks to her golden personality.

Josh is in bed with a nasty cold so training was called off for today. I still head down to the gym to see Cece.

I love watching her practise, she's such a natural and graceful fighter. She doesn't quite realise I'm behind her, she keeps practising.

I grin and clear my throat, she turns and looks so surprised and walks over smiling. "I would hug you but I'm quite sweaty." She laughs.

I pull her in to a close and intimate hug. "I don't mind in the slightest, besides I can't handle not being able to hug you."

She smiles, I notice her catching her breath. "How long have you been training? You don't normally get tired easily."

She hesitates and I look into her eyes. "Cece, please tell me."

"Couldn't sleep so I came in a little early." Her tone sounds final.

She changes the subject. "Anyway how come you're here? It's a very nice surprise."

I smile goofily and pull her in close. "I just wanted to ask if you'd do me the honour and be my girlfriend?"

She pretends to think, scrunching up her nose and looking completely adorable. "I'd love to be your girlfriend, Adam."

"YES!" I fist bump the air, pick her up and spin her around. She's laughing so much, causing me to gracefully almost drop her. We both smile giddily at each other.

We freeze as the warning bell echoes, looks like we have company from The Renegades.

Really? It had to happen as soon as Cece said yes?

- Cece's POV -

Adam and I quickly look at each other then sprint out to the Square.

By the time we get there, everyone else is huddled in a tight semi circle.

"Well if it isn't my favourite village." Viktor beams his ugly, yellow teeth at us all. Everyone remains quiet.

He makes a tsk sound and shakes his head. "Really," he walks right in front of me, "you know it's rude to not answer someone." I keep looking ahead.

I curse as he twists my neck so that I'm looking at him. "And look at who's speaking to you."

Adam tenses, I briefly run my hand over his, letting him know I'm okay. He calms down slightly, still looks ready to claw his eyes out.

Viktor makes his lap around the small crowd, then takes his primary spot safe in his war balloon. "ATTACK!"

And so the fight begins, we start off super strong; I'm taking down soldiers left and right. I quickly steal glances at Adam to make sure he's all good, sometimes I underestimate just how incredible of a fighter he is.

I'm snapped out of my daydream when an opponents foot makes contact with my jaw. A little dazed for a second I punch him unconscious straight away.

I look around and run towards the very heart of the battle, we're in need of help. They start pulling out their weapons, I start pulling out mine.

"CEASE!" Viktor yells, the soldiers drop their weapons and turn to him.

He walks down the walkway and stops right in front of me. "I think I'll get rid of you first, you were always the bigger threat then the boy was."

He walks away and the soldiers pick up their weapons and start heading towards me. Adam tries to run out but get pulled back by two burly soldiers.

I try to block out his cries of pain and instantly pull out my brothers boomerang; hitting five soldiers down in the process. I pull out throwing knives, pinning soldiers down and impaling them; it's disgusting but I don't have much in terms of weapons.

I throw the boomerang again, hitting seven people this time; no wonder why brother loved this thing. The soldiers are coming more quickly now and it's more energy to ward them off. My hands throw this one solder into two others behind him.

I shove this one guy against a tree and pin his arm behind his back and using my best compulsive voice I mutter. "Leave, convince the other soldiers that this isn't worth it and leave."

His body loosens and I shove him back into the crowd of enemies.

I have my back turned for a second and don't realise that one cocky soldier has drawn out his sword and swings it at me.