Cosh Training Day 2

- Adam's POV -

This morning is day two of "Cosh" training, as Josh calls it. I'm just ecstatic that Cece and I are back on good terms, tonight we'll start my private training as well.

The only downside to the training is when Rae talks crap about Cece; he's just upset that a girl is WAYY stronger than him.

Even just walking into the gym, I can already feel tension. Rae is there stretching, Cece has her back turned as she's sorting through sheets of paper whilst Josh sets up.

"Okay, welcome everyone, Cosh Day Two!" Josh beams.

Cece laughs and playfully shoved him. "Every time," she turns to us and smiles, "today we'll resume with punching and focus on side kicks primarily."

Rae snickers, looking at his phone and Cece raises an eyebrow. "Put the phone away, Rae."

"It's a surprise you can afford a phone, with a family full of peasants."

"Rae, just put the damn phone away. There's no need to say crap like that." Josh warns.

Rae holds his arms up in surrender. "I'm just telling the truth," he turns to Cece and adds, "then again you probably inherited money since they're all dead anyway."

I glare at him and take a step forward, Cece shakes her head at me and I reluctantly step back. "Put your phone away and pay attention, before I lose my patience." She instructs.

He rolls his eyes and mutters something unflattering under his breath. Cece obviously hears it because she pales.

"Right, as Cece mentioned before, we'll be focusing on sidekicks."

Josh demonstrates a perfect side kick and we each line up in front of a punching bag. We start with 100 punches, I managed to finish them first.

Cece nods in approval. "Nice work, Adam." I smile back.

Everyone then moved onto side kicks, it didn't help that Josh made it look so easy for him. I try my side kick, I haven't used one since Cece taught me so I'm a little rusty.

"Side kicks aren't about so much power, more precision." Cece walks over and demonstrates.

She makes it look so effortless and graceful. I try again and still end up failing.

Cece pulls my shoulders slightly back and just about wraps her arms around me as she instructs. "Make sure to always keep your shoulders slightly back and loosen the tension in your leg; it's not about power. Force comes naturally with the execution."

I blush and my voice slightly shakes at how close she is. "O-okay, thanks."

She moves on to assist Marvin with his aim and I continue with the kicks. They start feeling a lot more natural, and I've learnt to loosen the tension.

Josh walks over, looking impressed. "Whatever Cece told you really worked, you already look a lot cleaner."

- Cece's POV -

This training session has been hell. I thought it'd be a whole lot better now that Adam and I are on good terms again but then Rae opens his big mouth and says some really obnoxious things.

It's not like it's the first time I've heard such negativity about my family, but that doesn't make it easier. I manage to stop the tears from coming out.

I immerse myself into this session, anything to distract my lingering mind.

My lips quirk into a small smile as I see how flustered Adam is getting over the kicks. I walk over to him and help him out.

I didn't realise just how close we were...literally I practically had my arms around him!

I chuckle to myself at his awkwardness and lean in closer to whisper. "Make sure to always keep your shoulders slightly back and loosen the tension in your leg; it's not about power. Force comes naturally with the execution."

He stutters. "O-okay thanks." He looks so awkward, it's actually...cute.

The moment abruptly ends when I notice Marvin almost kicking himself instead of the punching bag.