Chapter One

Heaven Riley
Houston ✈️ Compton

I waited patiently for my bag to come from the baggage claim

I waited patiently for my bag to come from the baggage claim. While waiting I felt my phone ringing from my back pocket.

I smiled seeing it was Andre calling. "Hello" I answered.

"You made it?" He asked. "Yea, now I'm just waiting on my bag" I told him.

Soon as I said that my bag finally came. I grabbed it and made my way to the exit while searching for my dad car.

"I miss you already" He said causing me to smile even more. "I do too. But hopefully this summer goes by quick so I can be back with you" I said.

"It better be or you might have to come back early like last time" He chuckled.

"I can't do that again, my dad was mad when I left early and plus my sister almost had a heart attack" I laughed.

Every summer I come and visit my dad and my sister who stay in Compton. My mom and dad got a divorce two years ago so flying back every summer is stressful and plus spending separate holidays is depressing.

Aubree and I have different moms but the same dad, I'm the oldest but she likes to act like she's the oldest for some reason.

"You right, but imma call you later I gotta get ready for work" He said. "Alright" I told him before hanging the call up.

I look down the road and seen my dad pulling up. I prepared myself getting ready for the tight hug that was coming from the both of them.

I laughed seeing how fast Aubree got out the car, she didn't even let him park yet. "I missed you!" She squealed.

"I missed you too" I chuckled hugging her back.

She let go and I mugged her seeing tears running down her face. "You such a punk" I laughed.

"Girl you know I'm a crybaby" She fanned her face.

My dad picked me up by surprised while spinning me around in circles. "Can you put me down?"

"I missed you a lot kiddo" He smiled putting me down. "I missed you too pops, now can we go so I can take a shower? That flight got me tired" I said.

While he grabbed my bags me and Aubree made our way to the car. "So what you been up to?" I asked.

"Getting money" She stuck her tongue out. "You finally got a job?"

"No I got a drug dealer boyfriend, fuck I look like getting a job?" She laughed. I shook my head getting comfortable in the seat.

"I'm surprised pops haven't yelled at you about not having a job yet" I folded my arms. "He thinks I have a job. I lied and told him I work at foot locker" She said.

One thing about Aubree she's a good liar, she can lie her way out of anything. Sometimes it don't even be making sense and they'll still believe it.