Chapter Fourteen

Heaven Riley
Compton, California
A month later

"You think your father is ready to see me?" My mom asked causing me to look up from my phone.

"Pops talks about you everyday, I'm pretty sure he's ready" I said.

I flew back to Compton since my birthday is in a few more days, so I flew here early with my mom.

I won't be staying at my pops house this time, Me and Aubree decided to rent out a Air bnb so we could  get my party settled, I don't know why she's starting so early.

Deshawn was supposed to be flying out here with me to help us but he ended up having something to do so he'll be here tomorrow hopefully.

I look outside the window seeing we was close to my pops house. "Why am I nervous?" She asked.

"Because you miss him" I said.

"Girl your father is nothing—"

"Why you capping? I heard y'all two be on the phone with each other every night. I'm not saying who told me either"

"You and Aubree needs to stay out of grown folks business" She pointed causing me to mug her.

"I'm grown" I said.

"In till you turn 21 and legal to drink, then I'll call you an adult"

"I'll be 21 in a few days" I told her. "But I'm still an adult though" I laughed.

"Yea in a few days, but now stay out of grown folks business" She rolled her eyes.

I waved her off as the driver parked in front of the house. I got out the car grabbing my purse and phone off the seat.

Once I turn around Aubree was standing in front of me with a big smile on her face. "Welcome back" She squealed.

"I was literally here a month ago, it's sad I'm back again" I shook my head.

"Don't act like you're not happy" She said.

"I'm just ready for this party, I'm getting drunk drunk" I said causing my mom to glare at me.

"Mommy!!!" Aubree screamed running towards her.

Ma hugged her tightly while spinning around in circles. "Wow you don't even hug me like that" I said.

"Stop being jealous" Aubree smirked.

Pops walked out with flowers in his hand and a Chanel bag. "Is that for me!" I gasped.

"Girl move out my way" He mumbled pushing me. My jaw dropped as he walked towards my mom.

I just get treated so wrong...

"How come you didn't get a welcome gift?" Aubree asked making me shrug.

"He doesn't love me" I pouted.

"James you went and bought me a purse and flowers?!" My mom said. She was blushing so much that her face started to turn red.

"I can't lie this is so sweet" I smiled.

"Ladies y'all can have the house to y'all selves, we're going out tonight" He said.

"We not staying here tonight" Aubree told him causing him nod.

"Are y'all getting back together?" I asked looking between them.

"Are you and Roddy getting back together?" Pops asked. I mugged him as Aubree and my mom fell out laughing.