Chapter TwentyFour

Heaven Riley
Los Angeles
Two weeks later...

"I missing a box" I mumbled looking around my room

I walk out to Aubree room and seen all the boxes in hers. I smacked my lips grabbing one.

"Why are all the boxes in your room?" I asked her.

"I have a lot of shit, so I need all of em" She shrugged. "You almost done though?"

"Just this last box then I'm finished" I said as she nodded.

Pops and Ma still haven't called to check on us, we even called them ourselves to see how they was doing and they haven't answered.

They supposed to be coming back today but I doubt it. They don't even know that we're moving tomorrow.

I went back into my room and sat the box down on my bed. I'm glad that we bought new furniture cause this bed has to go.

I had this bed since I was 12 I was not about to bring this trash shit with me. Also we needed living room and dining room furniture anyway.

"Who Bentley truck is that outside?" I heard pops voice. I got up quickly running into the living room.

"Y'all don't know how to answer the phone or check on your kids" I told them.

"We didn't feel like talking to y'all" Ma said.

"That's very disrespectful" Aubree shook her head.

"I have so many questions why is boxes all of my living room? And who Bentley truck is that?" Pops pointed.

"We're moving tomorrow—"

"Thank god" Pops cut off Aubree.

"Back to what I was saying, the truck is Heavens" Aubree said.

"Who bought you that? Or did you buy that yourself"
Ma asked.

"Y'all are very late, I literally got that for my birthday" I told them. "An Roddy bought that for me"

"Why haven't you bought me a Bentley truck?" Ma asked mugging Pops.

"Does it look like I can afford a Bentley truck? I just spent half my damn money gambling" He said.

I shook my head watching them argue back in forth. I heard a knock at the door and went to go open it.

"Here's the tape you been asking me to bring" Roddy said. I grabbed it and thanked him.

"Is this Mr.Bentley truck?" Ma asked smiling.

"It's Roddy" I told her.

"You can call me Rodrick" He said while reaching his hand out to shake her hand.

"Nah cause it took me a long time in till I could call you by your government" I said.

"Mind your business" He mugged me.