Chapter Twentyeight

Heaven Riley
Los Angeles
A week later...

"Pops you really selling the house?" Aubree asked him

"Imagine still staying in a house that somebody shot up, I'm selling that bitch for 1$ if I have a choice" He said as Ma agreed.

"I mean he's not wrong, they still know where we lay our head at. They could be out to get us too" Ma said.

"Why we not shooting back? I could have been found them by now" Aubree folded her arms.

"You don't even know how to shoot a gun, and girl it's not that easy to just go find who did it" Pops said.

"Look if you want to sell the house, sell it" I shrugged.

I don't care what they're doing I just don't want nothing to happen to them. If something was to ever happen to my parents my whole world would end.

"Aubree why you don't want me to sell the house?" Pops asked her.

"The house has so many good memories to just sell it" She pouted.

"Aubree what if they try to shoot up the house again?" I asked.

"Then we SHOOT BACK DUH!"

"Where is midget at? He be carrying all them damn guns and don't be using them" She said.

I rolled my eyes grabbing my phone off the table, I'm just going to ignore this whole conversation. Even though I understand how Aubree feel. We been through a lot in that house and it would be sad to just let it go.

But again if they don't feel safe in the house it's their decision to do what they wanna do.

"Heaven what you think?" Ma asked.

"About?"

"Selling it" She said.

"Whatever y'all want to do I'm with it" I shrugged.

Aubree smacked her lips giving me a glare. "You suppose to be on my side" She folded her arms.

"I know how you feel but if they don't fell comfortable in the house, just let them do what they want" I told her.

"And plus that house is old and raggedy" I mumbled.

"Okay slow your roll the house is not that old" Pops mugged.

"You been staying in that house since you was little" I said. "It smell like a retirement home"

Aubree laughed loudly causing Pops to look at her.

"My bad" She said lowly.

"Look we got plenty of time to think about it, we'll let y'all know what we're going to do" Ma said as we both nodded.