Chapter Five

Heaven Riley
Compton, California

I looked in the mirror one good time to check my outfit

I looked in the mirror one good time to check my outfit. I fixed my hair a little bit more than added some perfume.

I feel good today, I get to see some of my family that I missed a lot. I get a long with them more than my mom side of the family.

My mom side just sneaky to me and always have something negative to say. Especially my aunts they don't like the fact that I do modeling, one of them called me a hoe because they seen one of my pictures.

I just can't deal with them. I just separate myself from them when holidays come around.

"Heaven come help your grandma to the backyard" My uncle yelled while stepping into my room.

"Why are you yelling Jerry?" I mugged him. "I didn't think you heard me" He laughed.

I shook my head putting the perfume down on the counter. I went to the living room seeing her sitting on the couch.

"Hey grandma" I smiled hugging her. "Hey baby" She said.

I grabbed her cane that was leaning against the table and putting it in her hand. We made our way towards the backyard where everyone else was.

I sat her at the table with the rest of the older people. "Tell Aubree to bring me some water" She said making me nod.

I went into the house looking for her but I heard her loud ass in the kitchen. "Aubree grandma said to bring her some water" I told her.

"Why me?"

"Don't question your damn grandma just go do it" Auntie Jane snapped. "You might end up in the hospital dealing with her" I laughed.

"She always gotta put her hands on somebody" She rolled her eyes.

Deshawn my oldest cousin came into the kitchen smelling like weed causing all of us to look at him.

"What?" He asked. "You been smoking again?" Pops asked.

"No" He said while laughing none stop.

"Deshawn how dare you" I said sounding disappointed.

"You smoked without me" I whispered. "I got another one in the car come on-"

"No, y'all staying y'all asses right here" Auntie Jane said.

She's the strict auntie that doesn't like to play around. She always end up arguing with the rest of the family because she always speaks her mind and doesn't care what she's says.

My uncle had to call the cops last year on Christmas Day because she decided to fight all three of her sisters at the dinner table.

She held her own though but they all jumped her once the cops arrived. Hopefully they can get along today.