Chapter 36

It'd sounded like an explosion and Boris went rigid at the sound.

'No....oh no... It's my fault!' He mentally scolded himself before Viola started running in the direction of the sound. He couldn't let them get to her! He ran after her, shifting on his way. He grabbed her leg with his jaws before shifting again and throwing her over his shoulder.

"Boris? What are you-" Another bang was heard, screams following this one. He began to run again, speeding through the halls. The scent of smoke started to fill the air, thickening quickly and looking like fog.

"Cover your mouth and nose!" He yelled to Viola from over his shoulder. She did as she was told.

"Wait! Boris, what about the other students!?" She screamed over the sound of sirens starting to help the smoke fill the air.

"They'll be fine!" He hesitated before continuing to sprint. She was doubtful, but she had to trust him. Even if now it was awkward.

He burst through the door. There was a large line of men with hazard suits on, blocking the way out. His eyes went wide. He'd done this, it was his fault. There was nothing to do now. He'd failed.

"Put the girl down and get on your knees! Hands on your head!" One of the men, somewhere in the middle, commanded. Boris gently set Viola down. He got on his knees, slowly putting his hands on his head. Viola stood beside him.

"Seize her." The man commanded. Four men rushed to grab her. Boris's eyes narrowed.

"DON'T PUNISH HER FOR MY MISTAKE." He screamed, getting up and punching one of the men in the nose. He stood in front of Viola, trying to fight the other three and more as they started to try and restrain the two. Viola breathed deeply with her eyes closed. She muttered something and two of the men fell.

Boris looked behind him at her in surprise before they grabbed him. He had gotten distracted, giving them the chance to cuff him. They surrounded Viola and she was now out of his sight as they dragged him away.

"NO! LET ME GO! GET AWAY FROM HER! VIOLA!" He struggled but it proved useless. However, it still took at least eight men to hold him back from walking in the direction of his master. Something hit his head, and everything went black.

Viola was surrounded by them. Her power wouldn't be strong enough to knock these people out, let alone the ones restraining Boris too. She slowly raised her hands in the air. They gagged her and dragged her in the same direction as Boris. She walked along willingly. She then saw the West building and started to scream under the gag. It was on fire and the smell of burning flesh stained the air. She saw a small silhouette of a bird in the air above it.

The building burned and she heard ear-splitting screams as the sirens continued their song. Tears filled her eyes. She was confused and afraid. This wasn't right. Not at all.

AN:
Huehuehue....cliffhangers for the short chapter....hue hue..... *prepares to be killed by readers*
W-wait! I'm updating again soon! (Don't kill me, then I can't update!)
Um...I'm updating before 8:00 p.m. (Colorado time) on February 10th. If this doesn't happen, the first person to notice and speak up gets a short story request for at the end of the book. Heh. Yeah... That should be soon. However, I might consider a sequel. When last chapter I asked, a few of you said yes and I know that if I don't you'll stand outside my window while I try to sleep, like one of my editors after a recent chapter of ColdGrove..... *shivers* I can still see that EVIL face....

Anyway, maybe forty chappies? (Omg I typed that and auto correct changed it to crappies....) Uh, that would include the epilogue. Erm... I'd really like to that you guys. I checked the views yesterday and it went from 2.2 to about 2.4 in maybe two or three days. That really makes my day! Thank you so much!
~Alice