Chapter 34

Life for the new team of three seemed to go on as usual. School for the three resumed. That included the boring lectures, and the three doodling in their notebooks instead of paying attention. Lunch was a much needed relief, and the group sat down gratefully.

"Whoa. You guys look.....exhausted." Friends they normally sat with would comment at the group. Boris glanced around nervously, a bandage still around his neck. He looked almost lost. Viola put a hand on his shoulder, causing him to jump slightly.

"V-Viola....." He said quietly. He didn't seem himself to Viola.... Not at all, and it made her worry. Rain walked by and nodded silently to the group, a pear hanging out of his mouth.

"Hello Rain!" Viola ran over to greet her friend. He pulled the pear from his mouth and smiled shyly.

"Good afternoon, Viola." His voice was as quiet as ever, but secretly held strength. She admired him for that.

"Pardon for interruption, students. May I please have Ms. Thompson and her team to the office." The headmaster's husky voice came over the intercom. The students silenced themselves and looked toward the summoned group.

Viola led the group to the office as she was told.

"Viola..... We have a slight issue....." The headmaster said after they'd all sat down. Boris gave Viola the last chair and stood by her side.

"What is it, headmaster?" She was nervous. She hoped that her shaking didn't carry into her voice.

"Manae.... I don't think you know this either, but.... Viola had a sibling, whom was also supposed to be one of us. But unfortunately, a miscarriage had happened. Manae was supposed to be the familiar of this child, but was some how passed over to Viola."

"W-what are you saying?" Viola stuttered slightly.

"I'm saying.... That you have two familiars....."

_________________
AN: ..... I know, I know. Been gone forever, update a short as hell chapter..... -_-" IM SORRY. But here it is. I haven't had much time for anything, I'm going through a rough time. That, and I had writers block for this. I'm sorry! Forgive meh!

SO..... SORRY..... FORGIVE.... ME.... PEOPLE....
~ Alice Invidie