Chapter 20

Viola held Boris like that for what seemed like a long time, on the infirmary floor.

"Thank you, Viola. I know I may look strong, but-" Viola interrupted him.

"Boris, you are strong, inside and out. But even the strongest people still have breaking points, weak points." She said soothingly, pulling away slightly so she could see his face.

It didn't look like he'd been crying at all. She knew he had, though. Boris looked at her sadly, as if he didn't deserve to live. It was an adorable look, and Viola pulled him into a hug again. The only evidence that he had been crying was the wet spot on her sleeve and the fact that his eyes were a lighter color of orange than they'd been before.

_______________________________________________________________

Viola and Boris walked side by side to their next class, Power Control. They had the class with Anika and Meiko, as well as Jack and Candy.

"Hey guys!" Anika ran over excitedly, Meiko rushing behind. "I got some extras of the homework you missed, and if you have questions you can ask me or read a text book!" She said, handing Viola a small stack of paper.

"Wow. Thanks, Anika. You're a real life saver." Viola said, taking the stack of paper and placing it in her bag.

"We really appreciate it. Thanks." Boris smiled.

"Oh, it's no problem. I'm glad to help you. You're our friends now, and we have to watch each other's backs, right?" Anika said, turning to Meiko, who nodded, then back to Boris and Viola.

"Get to class!" A teacher said, walking through the halls, or rather, stomping like she owned the place. She huffed impatiently as some kids stuck out their tongues to her. Viola laughed.

They walked into class and sat down, pulling out text books and papers. Since the were early, Viola and Boris decided to read a chapter of the text book.

It read:

Chapter One: Telepathy Between a Team

Though telepathy is hard at first, it will be one of your main communication systems with your familiar/master, whether during battle or just small talk. Once you connect once, you never have to do it again.

Steps for Easy Telepathy Connection:

Step One: Place your fingertips to your teammate's fingertips.

Step Two: Close your eyes and think of a memory between the two of you. It has to be strong, or a memory both of you remember.

Step Three: On the count of three, close your eyes and relive the memory, but you need to tell each other, as if speaking to each other without doing so, what is going on in detail. Take turns.

Step Four: After the memory is over, remove one hand each from the fingertip cyclone. Place the hand on the others forehead.

Step Five: Think of something you want to tell your partner, and do so, but don't say it out loud! Tell your partner if you heard their voice or not. Be truthful!