Chapter 29: Part two of The Fire

"Oh... Are you okay?" Viola asked, helping him up. He nodded. "Then we should probably get a move on. How long were we out?"

"Mmmm.... Ten, fifteen minutes." He replied, leading the way through a hallway they'd spotted on the other side of the basement they'd fallen through.

'Ghosts... Out of all the things... We get ghosts...' Viola thought. She sighed. The hall was darker then the one up stairs, but that was probably because it was underground. Viola heard a thud, and Boris' head snapped around, automatically alert. He put his finger to his lips, beckoning for utter silence to come. There was a crash in what seemed like the room a little ahead to their left. They ran quickly and quietly.

The door was partly open. It was full of coal and had a large fireplace. There was smoke surrounding a lit fire that danced in the large fire place. They saw a silhouette of what looked like nothing more than a mere child. Boris considered laughing, which gave him and idea.

"Viola... Let's try and scare them out of there. We will build a small trap to catch them. The person is only about four and a half feet." Boris said telepathically, and they got to work.

When the trap was finished, Viola gave the signal and a cloud of white smoke surrounded Boris until there was nothing left but a large white wolf with orange eyes. The wolf walked to the coal room's door and scratched on the posts. The wood screeched and creaked as if it were in pain and Viola covered her ears.

The silhouette stopped working. It moved toward the door quietly and cautiously, and Viola readied the small trap she'd built with some of the debris, duct tape, and some wiring of cable they'd found.

The figure stepped outside of the room and Viola took the chance. She swung the large cage-like net at the silhouette and it squirmed in protest underneath it. Boris turned on the flashlight after he transformed again and pointed it at the "ghost".

"Hey! What are you doing in my house, you jerks?!" It was only a little girl. She had medium dirty blonde hair and deep blue eyes. She looked scared and angry.

'Now what?' Viola asked Boris telepathically. He shrugged almost invisibly, looking at the child.

"What are you doing all alone here, kid?" He asked the girl, and she glared sharply at him.

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING 'KID'? I'M 14, STUPID!!!!" She yelled and Boris looked at her as if to say, 'oh really. You want to yell?"

"And what does it matter to you that I'm an orphan with no place to go? It's not MY fault, and anyway, what are you doing here?" She said, looking away from Boris' cold orange eyes.