Chapter 18

"Hi Nick." Anika smiled at him, and he smiled back. Rain nodded respectfully to her.

"Hey. How are you feeling Viola? By the way, Jack's on his way, too." He said, his focus shifting to Viola.

"Oh. I'm fine. Jacks' coming?" Viola asked, still dazed. Boris looked at his feet. He wondered if his two suspicions were correct. He hoped both of them weren't.

Anika patted his shoulder as if reading his mind. "Don't worry. If my charm is love, I might be able to help." She whispered, smiling.

"How did you-" he was interrupted by Jack slamming the door open loudly, making almost everyone in the room jump. He was followed by Boris's enemy, Candy.

"Hi, guys! How are you, Viola, are you alright?" He asked smiling. Candy glared at Viola wickedly, then turned to Boris and stuck her tongue out.

"Why, that little!" Boris thought, his hands itching to wrap around her throat and squeeze.

"I'm fine, thank you. And you?" Viola asked Jack politely, aware that Boris and Candy were having a glaring contest, both of them snarling and growling, baring their teeth. She knew that if she didn't get Boris out soon, Candy would be the one in the infirmary bed. Or a grave.

"I'm doing great!" He smiled enthusiastically at Viola, and Anika tensed. Anika heard his thoughts.

"She looks cute as a damsel in distress!"

A/N

Wow! I know it was a short chapter and I haven't updated in awhile(I is sorry....=_=) but Anika can read minds and Jack might like Viola! Find out more in the next chapter. By the way, I'd like to thank a few of the readers I've noticed commenting! :D

My thanks goes to:

AkaneDLV

Ursaluna

robertslarrissa00

And anyone else reading it! Thanks so much! >~<