Chapter 8: End of part 1

Viola gaped at the large room in front of her.

The cafeteria had six rows of tables, and four rows sideways. The tables were carved out of elegant light pine wood, polished to a glimmer. The walls were painted a light burgundy (reddish brown) with soft looking flowers.

The other children looked at her as if she were an alien.

Jack stepped forward, grabbing her arm and practically dragging her over to one of the tables in the lower right corner of the room. There were three other students at the table. One was a girl, her hair a deep red color that fell to her elbows, her eyes a sincere light blue. She had a brown rabbit sitting next to her, which Viola guessed was her familiar. Sitting next to her was a boy with deep green eyes and silver hair and a white dove sitting on his upraised wrist, holding a fork.

Jack sat down next to a girl with blonde hair that went to her shoulders and had violet eyes. She had a butterfly on her finger.

"Come sit down with us so I can introduce you guys." Jack said, looking at Viola kindly, as if he didn't know what else to say. She sat down next to Jack hesitantly.

"This is Viola. As you can tell, she's new. Be nice." Jack said. "The girl next to me is Rebecca. The boy over there," he gestured to the silver headed boy with the dove," Is Nick. Well, that's what we call him anyway. The girl next to him is Anika." Jack said, smiling.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Viola. You have a very pretty name." Anika said in a voice that was silky and soothed Viola's nerves a little more.

"Thank you. I like your hair." Viola replied, shaking hands with the peculiar girl. Boris jumped into the chair next to Viola's and sat down. Jack winced.

"Wow......" The whole table looked at Boris in awe. "That's your familiar?" Asked Rebecca.

"Yes. I'd like you guys to meet Boris. He won't bite, and you can pet him if you want." Viola said. It looked to her as if this wasn't going to be as bad as she thought when she boarded the Sateron. That felt like years ago now.

Voila spent the rest of the evening chatting and eating with her new friends.

______________________________________________________________

Viola came back to her room exhausted from the long, but interesting day at her new home. She locked the door behind her, and Boris jumped up onto the bed. She couldn't believe what she saw him do next.

A thick cloud of fog surrounded Boris completely, hiding the white wolf from Viola. The fog cleared, but the wolf was gone. Sitting in the place of Boris was a boy, undoubtably the same age as Viola, (14 years old) with ruffled white hair. His eyes were orange, just like Boris's, but is he really Boris? Viola pondered about that.

"Viola, I don't trust Jack. Or rather, I don't trust Candy. I'd advise staying away from a snarling, glaring rat. That's just my opinion. And yes, I'm Boris." He said, answering Viola's question.

"Uhhhhh... So you can turn into a human?" She asked sheepishly. "He's kinda hot...like really hot." She thought.

"Yup." He smiled at her, and explained that he used adrenaline. Viola listened as Boris explained to her the system of familiars.

_________________________________________________________________

A/N

Hi! The next chapter contains the profile of the characters. Please remember if your doing a fan fiction on this that this is my original work! (It annoys me when people steal things from me or other people. #PetPeeve!) Anyway, tell me what you thought of this chapter! I'd love to hear it! Thanks for reading! And read the rest, too!

- Alice Invidie -