Chapter 31: Can we keep her?

Boris looked at Viola. Even after he'd watched after her for so long, to the point where he could tell her own life's story from her point of veiw, he never thought that she felt that way about her father's job.

Her father was a politician: to the extreme. But when Viola's mother died, he'd told her he'd look after Viola with the greatest care. But since he was a politician, the govener of six states, he was never home. Not on Christmas, not on Thanksgiving, and not on Viola's birthday. That gave Boris an idea. Her birthday was coming soon (her birthday is in December. It was November 14.) and she'd never, not once actually had a birthday party. 

"So now what? I'd VERY much like it if you UNTIE ME!!! Are you taking me hostage or something?! What did I ever do to you?!" Manae snarled. Viola sighed. 

"Give us a moment, okay? We have orders and we didn't think that you even exsisted. Let us think and possibly contact our Headmaster." Viola said cooly. 

"Can we take her back with us? Please? She's only an orphan, and winter is coming. Food is going to be hard to find out here in London. We can ask Headmaster Duncan what to do with her if she's not Assigned. Please?" Viola begged mentally. She had a good point: life in London during winter was not fun, and many died.

"Fine. But you're explaining it and keeping her under control." Boris replied. She nodded at him in thanks next to a warm smile. Gooseflesh crawled up his spine, but not a bad one. She turned to Manae, who was very puzzled, seeing as they were talking telepathically and she had no clue what was going to happen to her. 

"We've decided, and you better thank Boris for this, to take you with us. If you stray out of line, you will be punished by Boris. Now, I'll untie you, but you better listen and behave, got it? You are not spending another cold winter here ever again, little own with an empty stomache." 

Manae nodded, wondering whether or not to trust them.

AN

OH MY GOSHNESS I'M SOOO SORRY!!! It's been so long since I updated and my computer crashed and it was terrible! To make up for that and thank you for the 900 veiwers, I promise that the next few chapters are going to be awesome and really exciting!!! :) Thank you for your patenience!!!

~Alice Invidie, jumpin' for joy