Chapter 30: Boris HATES Midgets

Boris glared at her and started to growl. A thick cloud of white smoke surrounded him as he shifted.

"Boris! I know the midget angered you, but you can't eat her! And besides, wouldn't that be caniblism?" Viola had to ask. It was one of her many questions. Boris looked back at his master and whined pitifully. The small girl wiggled under the rope, a sneer on her face. Boris turned around and growled. The girl immediantly stopped.

"Now, you're going to tell us who you are and what you're doing here. I advise you start talking, or I won't be able to control Boris any longer. He has a very... wide way of showing anger."  Viola said.

'Well doesn't Viola have a charming way of questioning people. Hehehe.' Boris thought. He had to hold his breath to avoid laughing out loud. 

"Fine! My name is Manae. I ran away from the orphanage when I was 9 and found this place. I've been living here ever since, even though people think I'm a ghost haunting the house. People who worship ghosts put food at the door, so I don't exactly starve to death. I have been happily living alone here, that is, until YOU and your STUPID HUMAN WOLF came and DESTROYED MY FLOORS!!!" she snapped. Viola knew that she was bound to give in. She kinda knew how it felt to be an orphan. 

'Father's never home anyway...' she thought. Boris caught the thought and sat down. He knew he'd have to be a little more gentle as to not hurt Viola's feelings. He sighed. He wanted to say something comforting, but where were words you needed most in a situation like that?