Chapter 22

Tears rolled down Viola's cheeks as she remembered her mother. Boris looked dazed at the floor.

Boris snapped out of it.

"Viola, are you okay?" He asked, a concerned look on his face. She sniffled.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I'm okay." She said, wiping the tears away. "Let's try it, see if it worked." She said. She volunteered to go first.

"Boris. I'm okay. But what about you?" She thought. Boris gasped, and Viola guessed he heard it.

"Yeah. It's just.... Yeah." Boris's voice spoke in her head, and Viola wondered if he was telling the truth.

She also wondered why they would teach this during class, considering students could talk during class and not get in trouble.

_______________________________________________________________

The class went by fast, with nothing but a long lecture on how telepathy worked. The rest of the classes went by just as fast, and then it came time that they had 15 minutes to change for supper. The school rules for dinner dressing was to wear either uniform or something you'd wear to a fancy restaurant.

"I'm going to change." Viola said, taking some cloth to the restroom. Boris decided on just wearing his uniform. He wondered what Viola was going to wear, because she seemed to be hiding it from him.