Chapter 13

As Boris finished explaining what happened, they packed their bags with the heavy textbooks and notebooks they'd need for their first day at the Academy.

They walked to their first class quickly, which was Assigned Intro.

'No sign of Candy or Jack yet,' Viola thought as she sat down next to Boris.

"Class will begin. You are to sit with your familiar or master." A tall blond woman said. "Two new students have arrived in our class, and I wish for you to treat them kindly. Meet Viola Thompson and Boris Sunrick. Please rise you two." She said. Viola and Boris stood obediently.

"I'm Mrs. Kristen. I'm your new teacher," the woman said, looking at the two new students. "Now class, we will be learning about what you all are; Assigned Ones! I will now hand you a paper that will show you your charm. My charm is showing others truth." Ms. Kristen explained, handing out the papers.

Viola and Boris got the same one. On each there were the words:

Luck is your charm, for you are Assigned. Your strengths are of many, depending on what you wish to use at the time. Learn more in the class Power Control.

Viola and Boris looked at each other, confused. How odd this was...

The next three classes went by quickly. They were what normal kids learned, math, science, language arts. Then lunch.

"Come on, Boris! We'll be late for lunch!" Viola said, dragging Boris to the cafeteria. He smiled.

The two sat down at the table that they'd sat at last night, at dinner, waiting for the others to arrive.

"So, what was your home like before we met?" Boris asked Viola. She looked up from the pasta on the tray in front of her.

"Well, it was..... broken. My mom died a year ago, and my dad worked more often then he didn't. Even when he was home, he wasn't really.... there. I cleaned the house, I cooked, I did everything, including school. My friends got tired of me, because instead of worrying whether or not this guy or that guy likes me, I was worrying about what to make for dinner, what I had to clean, if my dad would be home. So they left me. Only the bullies were left. My dad only found out that I am what I am because I pushed a bully back, and he flew threw a wall and into the principal's office. Then I'm on the Sateron, and there' said white wolf named Boris in my lap. My only friend." Viola said, her face slightly flushed.

"I'm sorry..... I shouldn't have asked. My family is like that too." Boris said, showing her a small sad smile.

Anika sat down just then.

"Hey guys. How has your first day gone so far?" Anika asked politely. The two new students looked at her and smiled. No more sadness, because they knew Anika could tell.

"It's gone good. Our first hour, Assigned Intro, confused us, though." Boris smiled, and Viola wondered about his childhood.