Chapter 21

Viola and Boris stared at the text book as if it had just eaten a person right in front of them. Viola got an idea.

"Boris. Remember how you told me that you can remember some of the memories I have? Well, we could use the memory of when my mom died." She said, looking at Boris with her soft green eyes.

"But.... Won't you be... Hurt by the memory? Will you be okay?" He asked, looking concerned at the book, as if the book was dying.

"I'll be fine. And besides, we don't have many other really strong memories. That's the strongest we have. Really, I'll be okay." Viola replied. Boris nodded, then looked at her.

They touched fingertips and closed their eyes, remembering as well as they could of how Viola's mother died.

Viola's point of view.

Mom sat on her bed with her eyes closed, and Viola guessed she was asleep. Mother's breathing was even, confirming Viola's train of thought. Viola sighed as her mother coughed.

Her mother's eyes opened in shock. Her eyes barely opened any more, ever since the unknown illness had attacked her.

"Viola, my girl. I love you very much. You are a special person. More special than you know. But others will know. If the future I have seen is as it says....." Her mother's weak voice trailed off. Viola felt tears prickling beneath her eyes.

"I know things no one else does. And you will to, if I'm right. You will eventually know what I mean, Viola." Her mother finished, struggling for air, and Viola knew her mother's life was almost over.

"Mom....." She said, but it was too late. Her mother had closed her eyes in an eternal sleep. Tears rolled down Viola's cheeks and dropped onto her mother's lifeless face.

AN~

I am so mean... I reread this after I wrote it and then cried. I don't like who ever wrote this book. (Me...) She's really mean. It's really hard to write a chapter like this, because you feel the characters' pain. I love to write these chapters, but my least favorite part is writing these kinds of chapters. However, I do enjoy seeing my readers' reactions and faces.

:'(. :)

~Alice Invidie. Has mixed feelings about this chapter of TAO.