Chapter 17

Boris's P.O.V.

He caught Viola just in time, even though he noticed late. He should have known. She was pale and didn't look healthy at all. He should of noticed before Jack and Candy came.

Viola~

There was a girl screaming and the smell of smoke. I opened my eyes. A little girl sat next to me, looking around the age of eight. She was sobbing and screaming. Viola the noticed the background.

The place she had woken up in was strange. It looked like it was made of old creaking wood. The wood was on fire. The girl had burns and cuts, and Viola wanted to help. She went to reach over, but the attempt was useless. She was paralyzed.

She woke up in a cold damp sweat. Viola's vision was blurred, and as she moved her head there was two people above her on opposite sides. Her vision cleared.

The two people were Boris and Anika.

"You're awake? Are you okay, are you hurt?" Anika asked frantically.

"No, she's fine. She fainted as a cause of mental and physical exhaustion. She needed rest, that's all." A nurse in the corner of the room said. She left the room saying something about food and water for the patient.

"You were out for 3 days. If you were tired, you should have said something." Boris said, a look of relief on his face. He had bags under his eyes as if he hadn't slept in days.

"Boris stayed here the whole time. He refused to leave the room for anything, really. He didn't even sleep from my knowledge," Anika said. Then she winked at Viola. This confused Viola even more.

"How did I get here? I wasn't tired, at all. I didn't feel to well once we got to the hallway, though." Viola said. It was true. She had been full of energy until she got into the hallway. Then every thing had gone black.

"Boris and Nick took turns carrying you. Since we were three buildings away from the infirmary." Anika said.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to trouble you guys." Viola said.

"You didn't trouble us. Unless you count us freaking out after you fainted." Nick's voice was followed by himself and Rain.