Chapter 14

As the others arrived at the table, Viola and Boris told Anika about what their charm was (luck). Anika told them her's, which was love.

"Wow. Your's is love? That's so cool!" Viola said excitedly. Her smile stretched from ear to ear as she listened to what Anika's note said. Her familiar sat down at the table with two trays.

"Here you go, Anika." The girl said. She was wearing pigtails, her hair silver. Viola then knew it was Meiko, the rabbit Anika had last night.

"Hi. You must be Boris and Viola." Meiko said, shaking hands with the two. "Oh, by the way, Rebecca and Jack aren't coming to lunch. Teacher wanted to talk to them about something. I don't know what, though. Oh, there's Nick." She said pointing to the silver-haired boy walking towards the table. A boy followed close behind him.

The boy had black hair with white tips, and beautiful red eyes. Viola guessed that the boy was Nick's familiar.

"Good afternoon." Nick said quietly. That was the first time Viola heard him say anything, and guessed he was shy. His familiar nodded as he sat down next to his 'master.'

"Hi, Nick. How are you?" Viola asked, trying to be polite. Since she was making a new beginning, she already had a few new friends. Only two (including Nick) hadn't really accepted her yet. Viola sighed mentally. She didn't want any new enemies. At least not yet.

"Good. And you?" Nick replied quietly, his intense eyes searching hers.

"Good so far. We found out our charm," she said, looking at Boris briefly. "It's luck."

Nick nodded. He looked at his familiar.

"Rain, pull out our note please." Nick asked. Rain did so obediently, still not saying a word. He pulled out a slightly ripped piece of paper and slid it across the table to Viola. It read:

Death is your charm, for you are Assigned. You have many powerful abilities. Use them wisely. Learn more in the class Power Control.

"Wow. That's amazing, Nick!" Viola said. Nick gave a faint smile, as if to say 'it's okay to say what you really think. I don't mind.' Viola gave the look that said, 'I was serious, you know.'