Chapter 35

AN: Prepare your feels and fangirl face. You will need them.
~Alice

It'd now been over five months since Viola met Boris and came to the academy. It felt more like home now, her friends like her family. They always took care of her and made sure she was safe. She'd never really had friends before now, but they were already so close. She was happier than she'd ever been in her entire life.

The next class they had was physical education. They had one day for wrestling, one day for running and other cardio-exercise, one day for push ups and sit ups, and two days for magic practice. It was a simple week, and the first day was today.

Fighting wasn't really Viola's strong point, or at least fighting without the charm or magic. Boris, on the other hand, had the upper hand in his fighting skills. And to make matters worse for poor Viola, her opponent was Candy.

She dusted her hands with the chalk, then her feet before stepping onto the platform. Armed in a tank top and sweatpants, long black hair in a ponytail, she prepared herself. Candy stepped up with a wicked glare towards Viola, bouncing on the balls of her feet. The class gathered to watch the fight. They were the last pair, considering the one before that was Boris beating the living crap out of another kid to the point where he refused to continue beating the poor sap anymore.

Viola attempted to bounce on the balls of her feet as well, but it didn't look quiet like the way her opponent was. Candy made the first move, aiming a right hook at Viola's stomach. It hit and Viola wheezed as the air was knocked out of her and Candy swiftly kicked her other side, knocking her over. Boris looked worried over the small arena's fence.

"Left kick, Vi, left kick!!!" He shouted. She did as she was told, jumping up and kicking Candy in the jaw with her left foot. Candy's lip started to bleed and she looked more enraged by the second. She jumped up and tackled Viola to the ground, wrapping her hand around the girl's throat. Viola started to choke and her face reddened. Boris hopped the fence after a second and picked Candy up off her, throwing her to the side as if she were weightless. He started to help Viola as a sickening cracking sound came from where Candy landed.

He helped her put ice on her neck to prevent the swelling, even though it was still turning purple from the bruising. His hands were gentle as he helped her up and started to walk her out of the class room despite class not being over.

"B-Boris? Class is still-" she protested.

"Shhh. I'm not dealing with them right now and neither are you." He replied. His voice sounded angry and Viola flinched a bit. He'd never been mad at her, not that she knew of. She continued to walk behind him quietly until he stopped in one of the halls.

"Viola....don't let them bully you like that." He frowned at her in concern.

"They aren't bullying-" She started. Again, he interrupted. He slammed his hand on the wall by her head, trapping her.

"I said....don't let them bully you. I can teach you to fight. Today, Candy took it easy on you. Next week, she won't. I don't want you to get hurt." He frowned again, their faces only three inches apart.

"Boris, I'll be okay. I-I don't like fighting." She avoided his harsh, orange gaze. He used one hand to gently make her look at him again. He almost had to lean down to her level, considering he was taller. He shook his head before looking back at her, his eyes now soft. Her brows furrowed in confusion at his sad looking expression as she looked at him. She wondered what'd made him sad to begin with. But she didn't have much time to think.

He pressed his lips to hers in a kiss. Her eyes went wide with shock before he separated and let her out from his grip. She stared at him in shock, but he didn't look back at her. He had small hints of pink coloring his cheeks (they both did) as he stared intently at the floor. A loud banging noise, like a crash, was heard from the west wing, making them both jump.

AN:
Did you like it? I admit, it's really not the best, but oh well.

Typing is really hard now because this afternoon I was cutting an apple and cut my left thumb, so I had to bandage it (it was spraying blood....=_="). And now, the bandaid is in the way of the stupid key board! Grrrrrrrr! So I ended up typing this thing REALLY slow..... And I don't type slow.... But anyway, enjoy the next chapter! It will be published before February 5th. If not, please comment some sorta request, but it's ONLY for the first person who notices and says so.

One more thing; Does anyone want a sequel to this?
~Alice