S2 E4 : 🚬 B47 🚬 (Ch. 172)

|| No One's P.O.V ||

By the time the youngest had got outside and stood beside a member of her group, a familiar sight of someone caught her attention. Before she could warn Murphy of Doctor Kurtz's familiar, but burnt, face, the short man swung a large wooden board to the girl's forehead.

She fell backwards, knocked out cold from the unexpected force. As soon as she had fallen to the ground, Murphy felt anger rise from deep within his chest. He shoved the outlawed doctor to the closest greenhouse wall, ready to rip him a new one.

"You're safe now!" Kurtz read the situation wrong completely.

He assumed (Y/N) was one of the ones holding him prisoner, which was the case to an extent.

"You bastard! You could've killed her!" Murphy shoved the force of another man against the wall once more, trying to knock some sense into him.

Since (Y/N) hadn't already turned and he couldn't hear her thoughts, he was relieved to say she was still human. Plus, her stomach moving told him she just got knocked off her stool for a bit. For once, he was thankful.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you right now!"

'One twist, or one bite and he's gone.' Murphy thought to himself, only feeling pure anger towards the doctor for hitting (Y/N) and having a hand in creating a vaccine that was shot through his arm.

The great doctor didn't have to go as far as continuously hurting people that he cared for.

"I'll give you three," He spoke quickly, not knowing the extent of violence that Murphy would exert towards him, "One, I didn't kill your daughter; she's still breathing. Two, Batch 47's never going to work; it's a dead end."

"And three, we lose. Humans won't survive, but you will. You and your kind will outlive humans and zombies. You will inherit the earth." By now, Doctor Kurtz was merely trying to feed Murphy into egotistic thoughts.

Who wouldn't want to outlive everyone and everything? Confusion with a hint of intrigued expression was present on the experiment's face as the bad doctor began to spit more venom into his ear.

"And here's how I'm going to help."

While the two began to discuss matters with a knocked out teenager at their feet, a sick feeling began to bubble in the stomach and mind of the young sniper in the group.

'I knew I should've never let her go in there!' He thought to himself, dodging the clingy hands of the undead as they tried to grasp anything of his.

As Kurtz finished up his master plan to finish off humanity, Murphy's mind began to wonder back to how this would not only effect him, but (Y/N) as well.

"And by that time, nobody will be able to stop us."

"Okay, you make a good point," Murphy agreed with every detail--even as he formed a plan to keep (Y/N), and possibly Warren, safe from all of this, he turned around to face his new partner, "but tell me why I should trust an irradiated, mad scientist that knocked out a kid and has an ear that looks like Elvis."

"Because I spared her life. All she sustained was a little cut on her head. And you know I'm right."

Kurian knew that he had Murphy on his hook. He could feel it. When two shots exploded into the once quiet air, Murphy felt like it was time to get (Y/N) back to the group. But she was still unconscious.

"That's not good." Kurtz established, looking over at the greenhouse that belonged to Batch 47. The two went around to the corner, peeking around to see a crowd of harvesters and men that stood out because of the black and white skull masks.

"You know those guys?"

Kurtz grabbed Murphy's shoulder and pulled him back behind their greenhouse.

"Zeros." He explained shortly, "They financed my work after the government collapsed. That's how I knew how to find you in Fort Collins."

Murphy subconsciously looked down at (Y/N)'s sleeping form, remembering everything from the past that had to do with that damn town. For the first time, she held a gun to his head and cried to him.

She was on the brink of killing him, if it wasn't for 10K. She blamed him for the death, the murder of her brother. And you know what? Not a fiber of himself blamed her. If anything, he blamed himself as well.

He knew that if he had never found Warren with Hammond, Mack would have had a better chance of living with Addy and (Y/N) by his side. If he would've just discovered his abilities sooner and had more time to practice them, maybe he could've saved Mack.

Maybe if he wasn't so selfish, (Y/N)'s life wouldn't have been disrupted. Maybe, just maybe, she wouldn't hate him as much.

"They were responsible for that madhouse?" He asked, finally looking away from her resting form.

He didn't like that Kurtz had cut her forehead open with the board, but it was too late to save her. He knew that Doc would fix her up once they were in a safe zone.

"Yes." Kurtz confirmed, "They're after both of us."

"What are they doing here?"

He didn't know any way that the Zeros would be able to track him, or Kurtz, in the same location. It had to be an accident, right?

"They distribute all the Z-weed. Odegard works for them."

'Of course." Murphy was mentally rolling his eyes at the truth.

Odegard was merely a tiny manager to the Zero's big company. He knew for a fact that if the opportunity had arose, Odegard wouldn't have minded trading Murphy for safety.

"We got to get out of here." Kurtz encouraged their disappearance as quickly, and as quietly, as they both could manage.

It'd be Hell if He found them together.

"We're not leaving without her." Murphy stated firmly, looking down at his still sleeping friend.

She wasn't snoring but her face was completely relaxed, despite the blood trickling across her forehead. The dark circles around her bright (E/C) orbs were more prominent as he stared in the sun's rays.

He'd go with Kurtz, as long as (Y/N) was welcomed.

"I can't carry her." Kurtz looked confused.

'What's their connection?' Kurtz questioned the kin to Murphy and the little girl.

He started to remind himself of the first time he had met the group of civilians in the underground lab. Murphy was in front of the young girl, that he shows empathy for right now, and another male teenager.

He remembers the girl was shuffling closer to Murphy, appearing frightened by Kurtz's appearance. Could it be Murphy's daughter? Their features weren't similar, and it was never on file, but Murphy had changed a lot since the last time they'd met.

But if it was his daughter, maybe she had the same blood as him. At the thought, he finally really looked at the child with his own eyes.

"You carry her and I'll cover you if anyone notices." Kurtz said without thinking too much on it.

'Maybe there is hope in doubling the production of the vaccine, and if something happens to Murphy, I'll take the girl.' Plan B was already forming inside his 'mad scientist' head.

Nodding his head in agreement, Murphy silently walked over to (Y/N)'s unconscious form, bending down at his knees. Like a soldier in a heated war that needed to save his campion, he picked her dead weight up.

He felt her arms dangle against his back while her hip touched the hard bone of his shoulder. There was no lie that her dead weight was heavy, but he needed to find a safe way to get her back to Warren.

He couldn't leave her here, unconscious.

|| Hate me but we both know you love me ||