S2 E4 : 🚬 B47 🚬 (Ch. 166)

He opened up the gate wide enough to let us come through individually, "The others inside will give you the run-down."

Lazy much? Warren entered first with Addy following close behind. 10K was the third person to enter the compound, then I followed closely behind him. Vasquez and Doc were after me, patiently awaiting their time to come inside.

The man that guarded the gate with such monotone actions didn't demand to see anything, or make us give him anything for us to join in this little cult. Which surprised me the most about this place.

We stopped walking to take in the place that was going to become our new surrounding for the day. This seems like a bigger compound than any of the ones we've been in so far.

"You think Murphy is here?" Addy questioned the whereabouts of--Vasquez's--bounty, standing on one side of Warren while I had taken the other side.

The men stayed behind us, absorbing what they could from their immediate environment. We all calmly waited for a flaw to come at us, like it usually would.

"Yeah, he's here." Warren scanned what was in front of us as if she could see through the tents, hoping to find what we needed quickly, "I can smell him."

Are we wolves now? I cocked my head to the side, staring at the woman like she was crazy for only a moment. I can barely smell anything that doesn't hiss nature-made towards me.

"I think you're smelling Z-weed."

With Doc audibly sniffing behind me, I also took a strong sniff of the air. The smell of intoxicating leaves blew my head up as it only became stronger and more out there as we stood in the same position.

I pinched my nose together, feeling my head began to hurt from the smell, "I don't like the smell of Z-weed."

It smells like the leaves Doc smokes, only stronger and you'd never have to second guess what you're smelling. Suddenly, a high-pitched scream was emitted from in front of us, halfway inside a tent that was on our right.

I snapped my head towards the direction the constant screaming was coming from, noticing a blonde haired woman laying on her stomach as a decomposing corpse was grabbing parts of her body.

Now, I've seen quite a few questionable zombies in my life time, but this was nothing like I've seen before. Why? Because this Z had vines tangled around it's body, and since it was laying on the woman's legs, grabbing at her.

It looked like it's vines were trying to drag her back inside the tent.

"(Y--)." Before Addy could finish my name in a warning tone, I had already taken off to help the stranger out.

The common enemy adorned a old red stripped t-shirt that was had ripped marks decorating the whole style. Her fingers dug into the ground beneath her, trying to grab onto anything that her grip would allow.

"Somebody help!"

Vines were wrapped around her legs more than I could've seen back at the gate. The way the organic limbs were positioned, it just seemed likes she was a terrible Tarzan wannabe. What is this stuff, and how did she get so tangled up in it?

As soon as my form reached the true enemy, I reeled my right leg backwards and kicked the zombie's head backwards like it was a soccer ball and I wanted a goal. I could hear the sickening POP! of it's neck breaking, but that still didn't kill the animated dead.

"Get it off!" She screamed at me when she could still feel it's fingers digging into the thick fabric of her blue jeans.

"Move." Vasquez stated from behind me.