S.1 E.4 ~ FMZ (Ch. 24)

"Doc! Doc!" Warren shouted as she and Addy both tried to restrain our determined doctor from killing the military trained man.

"Stand down!" 

Charlie finally got Doc back behind him while Soldier Boy started to get even more on edge. The gun was pointed straight at our medic.

"Did you say 'doc'? As in doctor?" The cocky, loud voice came from the intercom.

McCandles.

"Yeah, our team includes a medical doctor." Charlie confirmed loud enough for McCandles to hark his words.

"Why didn't you say so? Send him up! I have a wounded man in need of medical attention." His deep voice managed to change into a light, sweet authoritive tone.

Doc was the first to step away, thinking Charlie would go up there with him. When Charlie did try to go behind Doc, Soldier Boy pushed him back beside Warren. Crimson red rushed on top of Charlie's white cheeks as he grew dangerously mad.

He's getting fed up with the low ranked soldier pushing him around like that. Just deck him, Charlie. One good time.

"Just the doctor. The rest of you wait here."

To give our leader less stress, Doc turned around with a assuring smile, "I got this."

"Alright. Hey, hey!" Charlie spoke up so Doc would spin around, "Talk to him about the chopper."

I turned around to face my baby sister, who still had her forehead against the sharp shooter's back. While she looked almost passed out, 10K's shoulders were stiff and tensed. He must be uncomfortable with being touched.

"(Y/N)." 

My hand grasped her shoulder, shaking it lightly. The response I got back was nothing pleasant. (Y/N) stood her full height with her shotgun barrel leveled between my eyes. Once she saw who she had pointed the gun at, it was down on the ground so her hands could cover her mouth.

After a minute, her arms were wrapped around my waist in a tight hug.

"I-I'm so sorry."

"Are you alright? You seem to be on edge lately." 

Charlie placed a hand on top of her thin shoulder. The tired teenager just nodded her head against my middle section. I noticed Warren grab the shotgun from the concrete floor. 

"She's a teenager in the zombie apocalypse. Yeah, she's a little on edge." Murphy spoke next as he walked by.

Wrapping my arms around her shoulders, I walked her off of the cement steps, away from the creep that keeps staring at her and down to the dirt path. We walked a little ways to be part of the circle the team formed.

"(Y/N), here."

At the sound of someone calling her, her head craned away from my chest to look at the speaker. Cassandra was offering her the Twinkie. 

"No, I can't eat while you guys have nothing."

"Baby girl, you need your strength. You lost way too much blood." Warren reassured her.

Before she even thought about taking the sweet treat, her shining doe-eyes looked up at me for reassurance.

"Go on."

Hesitantly, she slipped the Twinkie away from Cassandra's fingers and nibbled on it. (N/N) released me from her hold to munch on the Twinkie, staring at the ground. She doesn't like to watch everyone else suffer while she gets to enjoy herself.

Just by the look on her tired face, you can tell she's got a lot going through her head. I know she still wonders about our parents. Hell, I do too, but (Y/N) was going through puberty, through changes at that time; she wanted a mother not Warren or Addy to guide her.

No, she needed a mother at the time. The Twinkie was gone soon so we all moved over to the truck, which was parked in front of the divider of the place and the apocalypse. With my jacket and 10K's scarf below her head, (Y/N) started to fall asleep on the bedding of the truck.

10K had jumped back there, standing beside her limp body to shoot oncoming Zs. For better protection against the Zs and if they got through us, I closed the tailgate and leaned against it. Addy stood beside me, and, of course, I had to wrap my arms around her shoulders.

Tightly. She and (Y/N) are my girls; my only close family at this point. 

"Okay, what's going on with Doc?" Murphy questioned after about a good 40 minutes of us just standing around, talking to one another. 

Doc had been up there with the General for far too long. Alone

"Guys, if we don't get out of here soon, this could get ugly."

Cassandra looked around at the Zs that 10K was steadily killing. The undead must've caught our scent in the wind. It could also be because of (Y/N)'s arms. Blood was still visible and if you can see it, they can smell it.

"Oh, you mean uglier." Addy sighed, rubbing her head from all the stress.

To try and comfort her, I kissed her temple. I don't know what's going through her head, but I can try to be here for her. Not to talk to her, but to just listen. If that's all that I can do, I'm all ears and zipped mouth.

"Do you hear that?" I asked, something reaching my ear.

10K halted shooting for a moment so everyone could hear the ringing noise I was hearing. The echo was definitely human and so familiar.

"Hear what? I don't hear anything." Charlie questioned my ability after a moment of just plain silence.

"Shh.." Addy command, holding a finger to her plump lips. 

Then, we all heard it. The beating and the shouting.

"Sounds like Doc." Murphy suggested, confused as to why we'd be hearing him this way.

Then it all hit us. Doc is alone up there with a general, screaming 'make it stop!' Everyone, except me, ran to the front of the building. I stopped 10K from jumping off of the side by looking him in the eyes when his foot touched the ledge.

"I need you to watch her."

Addy will need me in there. (Y/N) will need me out here, but if 10K, the best shooter we have out in the open, is willing to stay with her, my mind will rest a bit easier. The raven-haired boy looked nervous at first but nodded his head.

"(Y/N), I'm going away, but you need to stay here. 10K's going to watch you."

All I got in return was a small grunt. Smiling at her grouchy response, I raced back to the others. 

* (Y/N)'s P.O.V. *

I grunted at my brother's retreating words. If he hadn't spoken, I'd be asleep by now. He caught me just as I was about to fall into a deep slumber.

"So, do you like dogs?" I questioned the remaining human in the bedding. 

Nothing. My neck leaned back, arching my neck and opened up my eyes to observe the aiming boy for his upcoming target.

BANG ~ !

There was a thump against the ground, vibrating to our ears. Bingo, huh?

"Shouldn't you be asleep?" 10K interrogated back.

"Shouldn't you be kinder to a dying person?"

I smiled a bit as the blue-eyed beauty looked at me in the corner of his eyes before focusing back to his watchdog position. 

"You aren't dying."

He acted as if he scanned my whole body and got in-tell of my health. 

"One-thousand-ninety-three." 10K muttered to himself after a few minutes of silence. 

"Ninety-four." I corrected, closing my eyes.

I could feel his grimace directed at my 'sleeping' form, but nothing came from his lips.

|| Your mouth is filled with posionous words, but your smile seems pure enough ||