S2 E1 :🔹 The Murphy🔹 (Ch. 116)

Last time on Z Nation (Don't Be Scared) :

10K and I lifted the old man into the backseat, making sure to be cautious of the fresh wound. My body was placed on top of Doc's laid out form, pressing down on the laceration. I removed the weapon from my shoulder to have better access of my new patient.

Blood seeped through my fingers once I began to apply pressure, reminding me that time was limited when it came to stopping blood. The passenger door slammed shut at the same time Warren ignited the engine on the black Tahoe we were stealing from Doctor Kurtz.

"Come on, Doc." I mumbled to encourage him and myself.

He only needs to stay alive until I finally meet my maker. Then maybe--just maybe he can follow after me. The red substance stained my fingers and the back of my hand into a bright red while Doc looked like his eyes were draining of color.

"Cassandra?" 10K had spoken up as Warren put the vehicle in reverse.

-----

My kneecaps sat against the cushioned seat below Doc and I's bodies, refusing to let him touch his own wound. He's too weak to apply enough pressure. I'm barely doing it without hurting him further.

The dark rose color wouldn't stop leaking from the wound, worsening my panic of this situation. My breath caught in the back of my throat, staring at what could be a deadly shot. I don't know where the wound is exactly.

The pale of his skin gave me goosebumps, the whiteness in his eyes made worry ball up in my throat to the point my breathing had no choice but to hitch. Those beautiful blue irises of his just seemed more prominent when the colors surrounding it faded.

"Hey!"

Gently, I tapped the side of his cheek, trying to force the life to stay in his body. He can't leave. Not like this. The wide vehicle made a hard jerk to slow down, then a sharp left to leave the original parking space.

"Stay awake, old man." I pleaded to him, feeling the Tahoe dip down like a roller coaster before leveling out.

A sharp turn to the left made me actually slam against the back of the leather seats this time. Doc's hip almost crushed my poor kneecap at the unexpected force Warren had brought to us. I grunted at the unforeseen weight, feeling pain erupt from the collusion.

"Jesus, Warren!" I voiced my discomfort towards the driver, seeing the vehicle finally shift into a straighter line when I looked up at her.

That's when she really hit the gas. I kept my body steady and stable on top of the old man, making sure my hands never left the bullet hole on Doc's body.

"Sorry, baby girl." Warren sighed, showing how much focus she's putting into this car adventure.

I doubt she meant the apology, if we're being honest.

"Look."

10K's voice caught my attention as soon as I heard his tune. My eyes shifted away from studying Doc's paling orbs to look at the speaker's darker ones. I whipped my head to the right of me, following where 10K was looking.

My jaw slacked at the sight of slender missiles flying towards the establishment we were just located in. Holy cow. At just the sight of the never seen show, I felt even more pressure come on top of my shoulders.

The small metallic rockets were filled with more than just gun powder. Clouds of smoke were close behind them as they were locked onto their first and last target: the underground lab.

"Shit." I whispered, slowly growing to appreciate how fast Warren was driving.

Screw my kneecap. I felt the body below mine shuffle around until they were sitting up in front of me.

"God, I hate the apocalypse." Doc spoke up from his shock as his eyes were locked onto the missiles.

I looked at him, quickly shoving his torso back against the black seats. What does he think he's doing?!

"Stay down!" I ordered, going back to applying more pressure to the small crater on his body.

Wanting to know where he was shot ate me up enough to remove my weight from his body part and rip open the top of his shirt. Liquid from inside his veins seeped out from the hole, smearing across his shoulders and chest.

Yet, I could find the source of the wound as fresh blood openly poured from it.

"It-It's not from his heart." I felt a smile through the thick water of tears that were falling from my eyes, "The bullet hit his shoulder."

At least we can save him now.

"(Y/N)."

Once again, the deep voice of 10K's caught my attention away from Doc.

"He's going to be okay." I assured him, thinking that's why his orbs were showing so much worry.

I knew he cared about Doc; a lot more than what he leads on.

"Get in a seat and buckle up."

"What?" I asked confused at his request but nevertheless began to get up from Doc's hips.

"Now!" His voice didn't raise with an octave, but deepened with demand, which made it seem like I needed to move a little bit faster.

For a single second I thought about asking him what his damn problem was, but watching his eyes shift back to where the location of the missiles were made me want to obey him. Are we not that far away to the point they wouldn't touch us?

I lifted up the old man's feet from the single seat, hoping he'd help me out some--he did not. I wrapped the rough material across my chest and over my lap to ensure my own safety. 10K's eyes watched every single movement I did with careful, keen eyes until he heard the click.

He turned around, clicking himself in after he knew I was safely in the seat. I got Doc's feet back on top of my lap, holding onto them tightly. There is no way in Hell I have time to unbuckle, get him sitting up, buckle him in and finally buckle myself back in.

This is just going to have to do for Doc.

"Hold on tight."

To what? My life? 10K looked back through the windshield behind us, and I could've sworn I saw the literal explosion go off through his pupils. The reflectors showing the white muffin flying into the air was the missiles reaching their target.

Mission: success. My ears began to ring with sharp pains as something warm began to slide down my right ear. What the hell is that? 10K did one more glance at me, allowing me to see the trees from behind us gust with the wind.

Terrified of what happens next, I shut my eyes so I wouldn't have to see the next scene of this. What's going to happen to us when that wind catches up? One hand gripped Doc's knee while my other hand slammed to the ceiling of the Tahoe.

The force hit us like a thousand elephants were trampling over us from behind. The force was enough to make me pass out, relieving me from all the worry I would have to do if I stayed awake.

|| Don't be scared ||