S.1 E.13 ~ Doctor of the Dead (Ch. 99)

"I followed protocol." The scientist spoke restlessly as if convincing her he was in the right was the only way he'd be able to stay alive.

Which may as well be. She could order security to bring him down in an instant. How many times did she make him go through this?

"Which is?" 

"Boots. I unzipped my suit. Removed it and the gloves."

"And then what?" 

If you would give the man a moment to speak, I'm sure he'd be more than willing to tell you, woman.

"Tossed it in the incinerator. Went straight to decontamination."

Doctor Merch wrote down information from his statement, trying to piece together whatever context he was failing to inform her of. 

"Did you notice anything different on this day when handling your samples?"

She looked up at him, staring into his soul for any lies he may be trying to form. From the view I have, he seems to be telling the complete, utter truth.

"I left the samples exactly where I found them." He promised.

"Did you come in contact with anything in the lab? Anything sharp that could've punctured yo--."

"I've told you this already!" The victim finally shouted in frustration, hands coming to slam against the thick glass.

A person can only take so much until they finally snap, Doctor Merch. Give him a damn break! The video was clear and close enough I could see every winkle of aggravation evident on his features.

"Well, something happened." Attitude was an invited guest to her sentence.

"There is no denying it; something did happen. The decontamination alarm went off. That's what happened." 

"That's right." Merch agreed, her eyes never leaving his like she was scared a lie could run pass his features and she'd miss it. 

Did she even really pity this man? Empathize with him during this conversation?

"No, but it's wrong. That's what needs to be investigated, why the alarm went off."

"That's what we're trying to figure out. What form of contamination set off the pathogen alarm." Doctor Merch attempted to explain her side of the argument, but the man wanted to be believed, to be listen to; not talked to.

"No, 'cause this is a false alarm. The sensor made an error, because I-I didn't touch anything. I didn't puncture my suit. I didn't remove any items out of order. I followed protocol."

Apparently, it was going to take more of a story to convince this woman. The two opposite genders stared at each other in silence, forming any kind of scenario that'll help his cause and help her with her studies.

The victim of Merch's wrath looked down at his shoes, obviously worried and frustrated about this whole ordeal. Did he ever make it out of here alive? 

"Am I gonna be sick?" His voice was low and deeper than the other times he had opened his mouth.

Fear was now sinking into his system when adrenaline was drained. Never once did he have the guts to look into her eyes once the question was asked, because he knew he wouldn't like the answer. Once the question was brought up, the camera was shut off.

I want to see the end of it!

"Well, I'm guessing it didn't end too well for old Doyle here." Doc spoke after a minute of refusing to believe that's where his story, in our eyes, ended.