S2 E1 : 🔹 The Murphy 🔹 || S2 E2 : 🔳 White Light 🔳 (Ch. 133)

Everyone looked to their left, down the alleyway since we all knew good and damn well who was leaving in such a haste.

"He went that way." I stated the obvious.

And we all took off right behind Murphy with only one objective: get Murphy no matter the costs. Human or zombie, they were all going to fall down at our feet if their toe even as much stepped in our path.

We started this mission, so we're going to finish it one way or another. With our weapons all locked and loaded, we turned to the left once out of the alleyway, heading straight towards where Murphy and Cassandra were last seen.

No doubt that there were already people finding tracks inside Stripper Z; the gunshots were more prominent than the music Murphy was blasting. Warren, of course, took the lead in front of us with a gun in her hand and a weapon slapping against her thick thighs.

Doc wasn't that far behind her with his revolver in a tight grip as his body bounced with each step he took. I can't remember the last time we've had to run like this.

Behind Doc and Warren was the rest of us: I ran in between Mack and 10K with Addy on the opposite side of our sniper.

"Did you shoot anything while I was gone?" Mack huffed out as he broke the beautiful silence we had all maintained for the first few minutes of our run.

"Does it really matter to you?" I snapped, gripping the weapon in my right hand a little bit tighter than I was a second ago.

"Everything you do matters to me."

Something caught Warren's eye, seeing as she made a sharp right between two brick buildings. She must've saw our target or Stranger Danger.

"I shot an automatic to kill a six-feet tall zombie and a shotgun to protect 10K."

"How did those go?"

"Automatic was more fun than a baby pistol and a shotgun."

We veered to the left once more, finally noting the three individuals ahead of us. Murphy and Cassandra ran faster, her white fluffy meek coat flapped behind her. When the wind caught the coat just right, the bright yellow booty shorts showed off her round butt perfectly.

That was a target, I swear to God. Out of all the thrift shops Murphy had encountered to get to Cheyenne, he couldn't find something a little less revealing or even better looking for her to wear?

Stranger Danger was gaining more speed towards them when he saw us right behind him, but with Cassandra right under Murphy, Stranger would never be able to touch her God. Not even the dead touches Murphy.

"Murphy!" Warren shouted to let him know we were right behind his ass.

We're always going to be right behind this man, just like he's always going to be one step ahead of us no matter what we freaking do or attempt to do. Murphy turned his head, saying or giving Cassandra an order.

Right before the two hit the sidewalk of the street, Cassandra veered off towards the right while Murphy kept heading for the road.

"Should we go after Cassandra?" I shouted for my leader to take notice of the separation the two barely done since we had found them.

Maybe she could lead us back to Murphy if we played our cards right.

"Our target is Murphy!" Warren reminded me, staying on task.

She's not even trying to form Plan B if we don't catch Murphy before a bounty hunter does; she does have a lot on her mind, though. Murphy took a sharp right, heading right for a road cross.

When he was about to decide which direction to go in, a black Tahoe rolled up right in front of him. Of course, Murphy came to a skidding stop but Stranger came to a complete stop the instant he saw who was in the back seat.

I could see the glimpse of black and white skull bandanas, but not the rest of their faces. They didn't even seem to notice the man we were all chasing, just the fact that we were chasing a person.

What was unexpected was when Stranger pulled his weapon around to his chest and began to shoot at the newfound enemies. Great, more people to worry about.

As soon as the first shot sounded off, all five of us came to our own skidding stop beside a little car that was parked horizontally on the road. Mack's hand slammed out in front of Warren and I as he used his own arm to reel us behind the car.

I dropped to my knees the instant I knew I was in a safe zone, but I watched through the vehicle's window as the Tahoe suddenly swerved to the left when the third shot came out of Stranger's automatic.

He had got a clean shot on the driver's head.

"Damn." I muttered, dropping onto my butt and leaned against the door.

10K was on my left while the broad with red hair was on my right. Warren was stationed at the front of the tire, awaiting to see if Stranger was going to make another unpredictable move. He doesn't seem like the type to randomly sound off his weapon.

If he wanted to blindly kill strangers, he would've killed us off the second he met us. Mack was in front of Addy, trying to make sure everyone stayed low.

"He's got to be military, marines, something."

I leaned my neck backwards, trying to catch a couple seconds of air.

"Or that good of a shot." Mack suggested as well.

I turned back around to peep through the window above my head, watching as one of Stranger's enemies had actually survived the crash. The man began to stumble out, but as soon as the door swung open, Stranger was walking forward and shooting the man in the chest.

What kind of vendetta does he have with them? He had so many opportunities to shoot us in Stripper Z, but he had said something about there already being too many Zs in the world. What happened to that saying?

Do those words not apply to these men, and why don't they?

"Okay. It's like that then." I heard Warren mutter to herself as Stranger turned around to us.

He looked directly at Warren like he wanted her to stand up and do something about his actions. He was challenging another alpha, and let me tell you, he had a lot of balls to be challenging Roberta Warren.

As Stranger began to leave, hillbillies in a red Jeep began to roll in from where Stranger's enemies had came from. They looked over at the person responsible for a car wreck, then at the Tahoe that was no doubt totaled.

Rocks began to be crunched behind us, reminding me that we had two too many exposed spots out here.

"Warren.." I warned, not knowing if she noticed the red van from earlier begin to roll in from behind us.

Oh, shit. When the woman came to a complete stop, she rolled down her window and laid her shotgun against the window sill. That's when we heard her pump the chosen weapon. Warm fingers slid around the collar of my black and red button-up.

|| Breathe through the fear, and walk through the fire ||