S.1 E.11 ~ SoM (Ch. 74)

So, what do y'all think about the new character? She gonna stay or is she gonna leave?

---

I shrugged at her words, "Her father beat her mother. When her mom found this place, she didn't waste a second to bring Carol."

"You know, there are no males here. None."

Really? None at least guarding the sides of this place? No male to guard the pregnant women? Is there even any pregnant women here? I stayed quiet at Warren's information, trying to find any reason to think that it's just a coincidence. 

A coincidence that our male members were not welcomed in this sanctuary; the woman here didn't jump a foot to try and get them in here. Warren opened up the infirmary door for me and I held the door to Cassandra's bedroom open for her.

"How you doin'?" Warren asked as we entered the occupied space.

"Feeling better." Cassandra clearly faked a smile, but it faded as soon as Amy was completely gone from the bedroom.

At her disappearance, Cassandra ushered us to come closer, "Remember what Sam told us about where he was going?"

"Salt Lake City to see his dad." I replayed the memory of my encounter with the dirty blond as I came on the side of her wounded thigh (left).

I carefully sat down next to her knees, sitting crisscross in front of her sitting up form.

"Amy has a son a little older than Sam. He's not here. You know why?"

"He went to Salt Lake City to see his dad." Warren began to piece together the puzzle that we were all figuring out.

"I met a girl name Carol. Her dad use to beat her mom. Ms. Helen told Carol that her dad is in Salt Lake City, protecting this place."

"The girls stay here, but all the the boys leave when they turn thirteen. That's what Amy said."

When they hit puberty, they're out the door. My mouth opened up at the shocking information while my mind pieced it all together. Completion of this oddly shaped puzzle. No males are welcomed. 

Even the ones raised from here. Holy Hell.

"Are-Are you sure?" 

I wanted them to really think about this accusation. It was a really big accusation. Does Carol know? Understand what's happening here?

"They seem so happy here, Warren." I whispered, trying to give Carol an excuse for staying here.

Carol is part of them? She must not know.

"Yeah, maybe a little too happy." Cassandra sighed, "Nice people always scare me."

"Let's get you well, then let's get out of here."

Suddenly, flashes of different colored cloth was passing by us from outside the window beside Cassandra's bed. Tires of a vehicle squealing against the dirt path was heard, then the brakes being pressed on.

Visitors? Assassins? Foes?

"Come on, let's check it out. Cassandra, stay here. Come on, (Y/N)." Warren ordered Cassandra a break from the apocalypse drama.

We both got up and went outside to scan our new surroundings. Crowds of kids, young women, and women running, jogging, or walking over to the road we had came down to get in this place. We were with the kids and young women who jogged to get a view of what was going down.

The same red Jeep that carried us to Helen's peace parked and two women exited the vehicle from the front seats at the same time. One went around back while the other helped a small, shaking brunette from the back of the Jeep.