S2 E5 : ☠️ Zombaby! ☠️ (Ch. 177)

|| That Night || (Y/N)'s P.O.V ||

"We'll be in Wisconsin tomorrow, but I don't know how far we'll make it into town." Warren admitted to us as she pulled over, off of the main road.

She turned the vehicle off, the lights dying with it's source. She and Addy looked behind them at their group of people that were stuffed together. We just thought we were cramped with the eight of us. 

Murphy's 'pie girl' was just as big as two people sitting side-by-side. Vasquez had let Serena take his seat--just to bother Murphy and for the fact, that was his baby mama--, so he had no choice but to sit in the back with us.

Then, there wasn't enough room for Murphy to cuddle with Cassandra, who was not getting along with Serena at all, so she also  had to come sit with us three. She stayed squatted behind Murphy's seat, not moving at all.

So, while Doc was shoved up against the door, because Murphy would not sit in his seat like a normal baby daddy would do, Serena had a seat and a seat in-a-half to herself and the unborn child. 

The fear of being a father and supporting what he had made was evident on Murphy's face. Cassandra was the complete opposite, though; she did not reflect her master's fear. She reflected the anger and jealousy. 

If any of us acted like we were going to touch her, or accidentally did so because of the bumps, she'd snap her head so quickly and growl at us. Like a feral cat would do. 

"I don't know how this sleepin' arrangement is gonna go down." Warren confessed she had no room for any of us to sleep comfortably. 

"As long as we don't have to sleep in morgue's cubby holes, I think we'll be just fine." I reassured her that this situation was better than most. 

Flashbacks of having to stuff ourselves and our luggage inside little spaces came flashing back to us all. I remember seeing the outline of 10K's jaw in the dark, and hearing his snore deep from his chest. 

Every time he'd breathe in, I'd be lifted with his chest. It was a nice thought that caused me to smile.

"Serena needs to sleep on her side to make sure the baby gets enough blood flow." Addy mentioned and suggested for our most vulnerable.

Since Pie Girl had been blessed in our graces, Addy's cracked open a midwife book in her head and has been the doctor for 24-hours. How she knows all this, will be a mystery. 

"Alright." Warren sighed in a tad bit of frustration, "(Y/N), 10K, Cassandra and Vasquez, out. Pregnant lady, sleep in the back tonight."

"Uh, no. We're staying close to daddy."

The way she keeps saying 'daddy' always sends chills down my back. I don't like how she uses it. 

"Oh, sweet baby Jesus." I groaned out loud, getting sleepier by the minute, "Murphy can sleep in the back with you too."

"Vasquez and I will take first watch. Then, Addy and (Y/N)."

"I call backseat with Doc."

I was the first to start opening doors, then the rest of the group began to follow my lead. When I hopped down from the trunk, I felt a tug on the back of my shirt. I turned around, noticing it had been 10K that grabbed me. 

"Are you sure you're okay?"

He was squatted down with his left arm hanging off of the top of his knees and his right still had a grasp on my collar but from the side. His position lead me to believe that he was just as tired as everyone else, but he pushed himself to care for his people.