S.1 E.6 ~ RZ (Ch. 36)

"Why did you go over to him?" Mack interrogated my decision of meeting a traitor of this compound.

Yet, the threatening look didn't stay as threatening as he took a bite out of a strawberry.

"His name is Luke. I told him I believed the dead just needed to be saved."

"And?" Cassandra encouraged the information I, playfully, withheld  from them.

"His shoulders were tense the whole time."

"Well, maybe he just doesn't want to be reminded of his mistakes?" Doc suggested the odd behavior.

"Or maybe he doesn't want to talk to a teenager about that?" Murphy suggested next with sarcasm leaking at his words.

When is this man not being sarcastic?

"I don't know. I just got a weird vibe." I mumbled, eating some of the green veggies left on my plate.

Charlie and Warren must be in their shared bunker doing the naughty thing. You know, they say if you're naughty during Christmas, you'll get coal. They're definitely getting coal this Christmas. I may not know when Christmas is exactly, but it's still a naughty thing to do.

Especially in the apocalypse. I shivered at the unwelcoming thoughts. Enough, enough. Just stop imagining it by not talking about it.

"That fella seems pretty popular for a guy who just got kicked out of here."

We all turned around or leaned over to see who Doc was talking about. Of course, Luke. His table was still filled with men, but there was some dots of women as well. What are they so curious about?

More secret followers? I shoved some grapes into my mouth, trying to forget the vibes. I'm just confusing them with something, right? Where did the other two people go?

"You know what they say about stress, right?"

Doc caught my attention with the word 'stress'.

"Hmm?"

"You'll get grey hair and 10K won't find you cute anymore."

Not only did I choke, but so did Mack Thompson.

"What are you talking about?" I squealed out after clearing my passage way from the grape remains.

Doc and Murphy were laughing their asses off, Cassandra and Addy were smiling, and Mack was glaring between Doc and I. Jeez. With that much of a burning glare, he's going to burn off our heads.

"I can't believe you, Doc." I muttered, combing my fingers through the knotted strands.

What is he even talking about? 10K? 10K as in our 10K? Why would I even care what 10K liked? Why would I even care if 10K thought I was cute or not. It's pointless in the apocalypse.

"Look at you. Already fixing your hair for him." Murphy increased the teasing.

What is his problem?!

"It's a coping mechanism!"

I released the loose strands from my digits, getting flustered and embarrassed.

"Coping with your feelings, huh?" Addy, surprisingly, joined in.

My time for retaliation was on hiatus as Luke jumped on the metal table catching the attention of everyone, "Listen to me, all of you, for I have good news. The Major didn't believe in the word of Jacob but he will. All of you will be given another chance to hear his word and join the Resurrection Church."

A man that was sitting in front of him, stood from his seat as well, "What are you doing? Get down from there!"

Luke retrieved a small cross necklace from under his shirt. He discarded the bottom half of it, revealing a needle-like weapon.