S.1 E.3 ~ PF (Ch. 13)

The cinnamon mixed with a green spice color oculus stared at our 'savior' straight in the eyes as he stuffed every single bit of the small Twinkie in his mouth.

"Selfish little bastard."

Murphy rolled his eyes in circles. I, on the other hand, snickered at the brave boy's action, finishing off my little rectangle of fluff.

"We need to split up and look for food and water." Charlie mentioned, brushing his hands off on his blue jeans.

"Oh, if we can find a two-way radio or even a satellite dish, I can try contacting that Citizen Z guy."

"That's good. Okay, you, Mack, and (Y/N) go do that. The rest of us will look for food. Doc, you take Cassandra and 10K. Warren and I will take Murphy." Charlie started to divide us up for the hundredth time this year, "Stay close. Meet back here in an hour."

I raised my hand, stopping everyone from disbursing, "Can I nap?"

"Hell, no. What if a Z comes?" Mack asked, glaring at me for asking such a question.

"Keep the tailgate up and if I'm lucky, I'll hear it, Mack. They can't jump over the sides anyway."

"No." Mack said sternly, not even letting Charlie have the time of day to tell me 'no'.

"Please? Leave me with a gun. If there's a problem, I'll shoot."

"You have terrible aim."

"And you have stinky breath but nobody points that out."

"She has a point." Addy finally agreed with me.

I smiled at the apple red woman, then looked at my brother, "You aren't always going to be here, and I'm going to have to rest anyway. I'm tired. Please?"

Mack contemplated it in his head, determining the chances of me getting bit. Slowly, he handed me over one of his guns but made sure it was fully loaded.

"Anything moves, you shoot. Anything makes a sound, you shoot. I'll be coming straight to you." Mack reassured, getting off of the tailgate.

10K and Addy followed his moves to stand on the asphalt ground. Mack slammed the one of the exit/entrance of the bedding himself before looking at me one more time.

Charlie leaned over the side of the truck to ruffle my hair, "Stay low and try not to snore."

I smiled at the two parents of this group before laying back down on 10K's scarf and Mack's jacket. The killer machine laid right beside my head and my knife stayed in my pocket. After a moment of thinking about weird things, I finally shut my eyes to rest.

* Thirty Minutes Later *

The tailgate opened up, waking me up almost instantly. It's probably just 10K wanting his scarf back; the quietness of the person just added more to the reassurance it was a man from my group.

As I raised my head up, ready to give it back, 10K grabbed my ankle and pulled me closer. The hand was too rough and too forward for it to be my boy. My eyes shot open instantly. I was greeted with a chocolate pair, not a hazel.

Just as I was about to let out a scream, they took the time to grab 10K's scarf and wrap it around my gaped mouth. Still, I tried my best to make any kind of noise.

"Be quiet, bitch!" A Chinese man growled, smacking me hard across the face.

Tears burned at the brim of my burning eyelids. The jerk from them pulling and me resisting made pain spread across my arms. One man was behind me, seeing as there was enough room now since my legs were almost off of the tailgate, holding my arms back as the other man at my feet tied them together.