S2 E3 : 🛑 ZR 🛑 (Ch. 159)

"I don't care what happens," 10K nudged his head towards the inside of the cage as he shot at another running, undead body, "you stay in there, and you don't move."

I quickly hopped over the side, staying away from the egress so he could hop in as well. 

"Oh, hell!" Doc shouted, still on the ground, "Warren, we got trouble!"

When I turned my head to look down at Vasquez, a blaster suddenly pinned him against the rocks, biting at his exposed neck. I grabbed one of the sharp throwing knives from my thigh strap, but as soon as I had it exposed, it was stolen from my grasp.

"Reload." 10K ordered, trading weapons with me. 

I was about to ask if he knew what he was doing when he threw the sharp object and actually made a successful hit--if I would've thrown it, I would've more than likely hit Vasquez, on complete accident!

He may have landed the knife on the decomposing corpse, but it didn't land where it needed to be. Damn it. Instead of making a straight shot on the monster's head, 10K somehow hit the side of his neck. 

I wasted no more time watching 10K's movements, starting to reload his choice of weapon. 

I removed extra magazine from his vest pocket, trusting it was fully loaded. I cocked the lever backwards once I was done, checking for the long bullet's appearance before handing it back over to the original owner. 

"You never told me." I said, amazed at him and his skills.

Yes, he did not hit the target, but it was a heroic moment. What can this boy not do? When I looked back up at the initial target, the Blaster was standing to it's full height in a torn up, fancy white suit.

Was he going to a wedding? Was he in a wedding? Maybe a fancy gangster that liked nice things? The rotting head turned to stare at Warren with my knife sticking out of it's neck like a sore. I was expecting it to go after Warren, but he never did.

Didn't even go after the man that threw the knife at him. He only started to back up before running away into the plains. They're not only fast, but they're intelligent too. He knew he didn't have a fighting chance with three guns pointed at him. 

What a disadvantage for us. Warren helped Vasquez pick himself up before running to hop in front of the driver's closed door. 

"We need to leave, now. We gotta get out of Blaster's Country."

Not waiting for Sam to confirm our leave, she gave out the 'let's go' order for him. I sat back against the shield, facing the back of the semi's cab, releasing the breath I had been holding when 10K grabbed my throwing knife from me. 

"I'm kind of rusty." He mumbled to himself, not looking me in the eyes when he spoke. 

He removed himself from the way we entered, coming to sit beside me. His eyes never left the vulnerable spot we had on our left, but he's probably still embarrassed by my past actions. I don't blame him, I'm still feeling that shit too. 

Sam made the semi do it's natural rumble of coming to life as the ignition was started. 

"You almost got it, so you're already better than me."

A jerk was made to the body of the transportation as the driver shifted into first gear. When I looked up towards 10K, he still refused to look me in my (E/C) eyes. 

The bump in his nose was more defined in the sunlight and his hair seemed to be growing longer than the first time I met him. His chin poked out, but that only helped bring out the sharp jawline of his.