S.1 E.12 ~ Murphy's Law (Ch. 85)

Do I have the honor of having any Billie Eilish fans here? If you don't like her, don't worry about this. If you don't know her, I highly recommend her!

My favorite is either idontwannabeyouanymore or CopyCat!

-------

Warren's words came into my ear as a soft hand landed on one of my bandaged up wrists, reminding not only me, but everyone else, of how I could easily bleed out from all the extensive movements.

I don't feel any exhaustion in my body like I had before when the wounds opened. Dots are not spreading around my vision as my eyes went back to the ceiling. I just felt drained of life. Drained of everything in me.

Blood, soul, and hope. I felt like when these people chained us up like this, they not only took Murphy from me but they took my reasons to keep going. They took Charlie away from me. And I don't know how to handle life anymore.

"Yeah." I mumbled, feeling an uncomfortable coldness twist and shift against my wrist from unlocking the handcuff.

The cool metal pressed against my stitched up wrist in an effort to let go of one part of my body. 

"What happened to us?" Cassandra asked.

With a clink, the cuff that led to my death was off and I popped up. I sat up from laying on 10K's bicep, not having the courage to look down at him. He's fine. He'll always be fine when it comes to shit like this.

"I believe we got roofed. Drugged with Rohypnol."

"What is Rohypnol?" I asked, unfamiliar with the drug.

It's got to be something to knock out people and chain them up while the victim lay passed out.

"Pre-Z, they would use these drugs to put girl's, even guy's, drinks so they'd pass out very fast. Kind of like a tranquilizer." Doc defined the drug for me and whoever else was unfamiliar with the kidnapping tool.

"Where's Murphy?" I asked, still not seeing the vaccine-filled human rising to ask us what had happened.

"The other's are gone too." Cassandra sighed, looking out the window and into the scenery. 

From the corner of my left eye, I watched as 10K shuffled around once our wrists were free from each other. 

"You don't think Murphy--."

"Murphy wouldn't have done something like this." I quickly defended Murphy, hoping to make Doc diminish that awful thought.

Murphy wouldn't have handcuffed us to the Zs; not his type of scene. He would've knocked us out and would've left us, yes, but he's not like the doctor that put the virus in his body. He's not going to leave the virus that close to us.

He wouldn't. We haven't wronged him in any way.

"Drug us to escape?" I started my explanation, "Not his scene, Doc, and handcuffing us to the second thing he hates? It surely ain't his way of getting rid of us."

We all started out of the glass doors of the--now--abandoned golf club, seeing no more zombies waiting for us outside. Where did they all go? Surely, they wouldn't have went through all that trouble to kill all of them for us.

Or did they chain what was left of them up with us?

"How could we have let this happen? He was our responsibility." Warren groaned into the open air, not proud of herself at all.

Warren and Doc stayed ahead of the rest of us, leading the followers away from this dilemma. Cassandra stayed in between their small group and 10K and I, limping slowly. 10K may have to step up soon and give her a break.