chapter 42

"So how have you been doing. " Masego's mother asked me .

"I'm actually good besides your son driving me crazy I'm good ." I say truthfully as we are standing in the kitchen making some breakfast .

Masego's mother came in yesterday and I'm kind of excited to have her here because she's so nice and keeps me company. "So how's my grand son doing?" She asks and my eye light up thinking of Olebogeng.

"He's doing good actually,  he can walk now ." I say adding the last part for fun .

"When did this happen?" She asks.

"Last month  ." I said .

Olebogeng had given us all a big fright because he started walking a bit late , I thought he couldn't walk or something so I took him to a doctor to check on everything.  Turns out there was nothing wrong with him his just a lazy baby .

So last months he finally stood up and walked. I was actually on the phone when I saw him and trust me it was a great feeling and sight . "I can't wait for him to talk now ." The queen says .

"Well your grandson likes talking so much that he can pronounce a few words now." I say to her and her eyes lit up which makes me do a flip in my brain.

"How's my two favorite ladies doing. " Masego says kissing me on the cheek and I blush .

"Don't you dare say that in front of your sister ." The queen says and we all Laugh . I wasn't that close to Masego's sister ,she liked to keep to herself a lot and I respected that,  I only talked to her when I had to or when she speaks to me but she was actually a great person who doesn't like talking.

I've never seen her say more then twenty words at once , that's how quiet she is . I wonder how she's coping in her marriage. "Well I hope this will be our little secret. " Masego says.

"Yeah it depends what will I get for my silence. " the queen says .That was a tough one I.mean what do you give to someone who has everything.

"Another grandchild soon ." He says and it strikes a nerve . Masego was so obsessed with this pregnancy nonsense and to be fair it was getting on my nerves .

"Well that's better than any gift I've ever gotten. " she says .

"Your sister is also pregnant but don't tell her I told you she was going to call you today. "The queen says and the only thing I heard is also .

"Wow oh my God how far along is she ." Masego asks .

"She's six months,  she didn't want to tell us till she was sure ." The queen says.

"But the gods told me I'm having three grandchildren." She says. Masego and I look at each other .

"And I'm not going to say which one of you are having twins because I know ." She brags about it . I just felt like getting out of this room but I didn't want to disrespect her in anyway .

"Well I think its obvious that my sister is the one having two , I mean madi isn't even showing. " Masego says .

"Well son I think you should buy enough baby stuff because Bontle here does not seem to know her body ." She says which gets me boiling ,I take a gulp of water preventing me to say anything.

"I also know the gender if you would like to know ." The queen says .

"I would like to know ." I bravely say .

"It will be two girls and one boy but I'm not saying from whom." She says smiling.

"Well if I was pregnant I'd be due anytime now and I'm feeling ok ." I say . Masego and his mother both look at each other and chose to say nothing.

"Anyway Masego I think you should get a few days off work so when the baby or babies get here you are close. " the queen says ignoring what I just said .

____________________________________

Masego took some time off from work as suggested by his mother, he was not letting me do anything since he thought I was heavily pregnant,  but hey if he wanted to cook every day who am I to stop him.

"Madi are you sure you are alright ." Masego says .

"I'm good I'm just having weird painful cramps ." I say laying on my back . Masego stands up and calls the doctor who happens to be his father's sister .

"They are going to send a midwife to help you put to birth because I think it will be soon." He says and I roll my eyes at him.

"What has you convinced that I'm pregnant Masego where are the signs." I say .

"My mom Queen Tebogo Bamaketše Lerumo has special powers so if she tells you something you take it seriously because she has never been wrong ." Masego says .

"Well this time she might be ." I say folding my hands.

"Look the first time you were pregnant my mother told you and weirdly she also told me as if it was a joke which I laughed at but now I know she means business." He say making me think about that day the queen said I was pregnant and I thought she was crazy .

Then something hit me hard what if I was really actually pregnant,  what would I do or say . I know I'd never forgive myself because me not eating and drinking stuff I'm suppose to would potentially risk the health of the baby , which I'd not survive being a bad mother.

I suddenly started crying out of nowhere and Masego comes close to me and hugs me tightly.  And I'm quietly ugly cry with his hands reaped around me ." I think  I just peed on myself and you. " I say moving from him.

"I think your water broke. " he says as we suddenly hear a knock on the door, the midwife was here with all her equipment .

And I'm shocked at what is happening, am I in labour or maybe I'm dreaming. "Take her to a room ." The midwife told Masego and he moves me to the spear room on the ground since it would be impossible for me to go up the flight of stairs.