chapter 8

I woke up at the normal time i was used to waking up , i went to the store room and took out all cleaning  stuff I would need and started cleaning,  the palace was big but if i started now by (7:30) in the morning I would be done .

I started cleaning my room and my bathroom and proceeded with the whole house after I was done with the cleaning  I took I stick broom and went to sweep outside.
The yard was twice as big as my yard , we also had a pretty big yard but I would be able to handle it because my father made sure I swept the yard more than three times .

After I was done I saw people looking at me weirdly , the maids the guards even the royal family . I went to take my first bath with water from the fire , i was done making breakfast and i had put everything on the table so that when they woke up they would see it and eat .

I took the backets from behind and the wheel borrow and went to fetch water . I got to the stream and saw all my friends , they all ran to me and hugged me .

"Madileng why didn't you tell us you were chosen ?" Ntombi my friend asked  .

"I also didn't know  , my father took me somewhere and when I got there I was at the royal palace" I said .

"Anyway  how is it " Lethabo asked me looking really mad at me .

"It is just fine I think " I said .

"Anyway girls I must go " I said waving at them , I didn't want to spend the whole day here so i went back as soon as I could when I got there I saw they still hadn't eaten so I asked the maid to reheat the food and call them .

She did and they found me sitting on the table , they all sat down and ate ,Masego was still here I was a bit surprised I thought he said he would live after the wedding . Everyone dished up for themselves , they all started talking and laughing I just sat there think about my sad reality .

"My queen  may I talk to you " one of the maid said .

"You can talk I trust everyone on this table " she said . She looked a little hesitant about what she wanted to say .

"Madileng has been waking up at (3) in the morning every day this week and has been cleaning the whole house , sweeping the yard watering the plants fetching fire wood and water , cooking washing dishes, feeding the chicken basically everything " The maid said , I was scared now was I doing anything wrong I wanted to speak but I couldn't I wasn't spoken to .

"Well first off its not Madileng to you it's princess Bontle,  put some respect on that name or I won't be so nice next time " The queen said . The maid apologized for her behaviour.

"Bontle is this true " she asked me .

"Yes it is true" I said looking down to the ground.

"My Queen if she continues there will be no jobs left for us to do " the maid said.

"Where were you when she did all these jobs " she said .

"We were sleeping " she said.

"Maybe if you woke up before her and did your job just maybe she won't see the need to wake up and do it for you " The queen said irritated at the amount of disrespect that was thrown my way .

"From now on every maid will wake up at (4) and start cleaning by the time six in the morning passes this house will be sparkling clean and breakfast would be made " the queen said .

"Yes my Queen " she left .

"Bontle why do you do all of these stuff when we have maids who can do it " she asked looking at me , I was looking at the ground not wanting to offend anyone.

"I won't do it again my queen" I said.

"Well I need you to pack all your things you will be leaving with my son shortly "The queen said .

"I didn't bring any clothes but I'll go fetch them at my house" I said .

"Guard can you take Bontle to her house and help her carry her stuff , am I heard she will not carry anything " she said looking at me .

We drove to my house and I was hoping my father wasn't there . I got there and saw my sister and my brother they both has bruises on their faces I wished there was something I could do . I went and hugged them .

"Madileng why did you leave us" Mpho said crying.

"Dad married me off like a cheap thing " I said, my sister keletso looked defeated like her world was coming down.

"I promise you I will take you with after I settle down " I said crying into her hands  .

"I love you and I will always love you just hang in there " I said asking them to be strong.

"Sister Madileng i love you and i will always love you but I don't know how much longer i will wait for you" she said.

"Give me one week , just one week keletso I will put you in a private boarding school where no one would touch both of you again" I said looking at both of them,  I was going to make this right by both of them .

"Just pack your things so that when I give you the call , you just come outside " I said .

The guard took the little stuff that I had and put them in the car . I gave keletso a thousand rand to look after herself and give mpho half.

"I love you both please just be patient " I said .

It was time for me to go and i didn't want to go but if I didn't how was I going to make things better for them . I had to leave and try my best to make things better .