chapter 27

With each day that passed by my stomach was getting bigger and bigger . And my appetite was increased , I ate more now.  There was not a single second that I was not snacking and to be honest I liked food now .

Today I went to stacey's house ,  I know what one would think but I can't just sit around and be bored by doing nothing. 

"Hello darling I'm glad you could make it " stacey said .

"I'm honored to be here " I said .

I gave her wine from Masego's room I knew it must be very expensive,  "Thanks I see you have a taste for very expensive beverages " she says .

"Well i have a little something for you " she says .

"This  wine was bought back in 1949 by a Japanese family,  well my husband bought two of them and I thought you would like this one " she says. Giving wine in a wooden container and a see through glass .

"Well thanks I'll be sure to give it to my husband " I said .

"Yesterday we just came from Paris , we shopped so much that I got you something " she says .

"I hope it's not expensive " I said to her .

"It was worth it " she said walking me into the party.

"Maybe next week when I travel again you must come with me "she says.

"Where will you be going " I asked .

"Im good to New York with my husband , he has a business deal to close there " she says .

"Will i be allowed to travel without a visa or passport" I say pointing  at my very visible belly .

"Then let's make it another time " She says .

"I heard that your husband is a lawyer " she says .

"Yeah he is but he travels a lot " I say stuffing myself with a lemon cheese cake .

"My husband is looking for legal representation,  so I would like for him to meet up with him " she says . I didn't know about that and i felt really cornered.

"I don't know about that he's very busy ." I say.

"Please i talked my husband into going for your husband's firm since his lawyer died " she says .

"Ok I'll call him ." I said .

"Can you make it tomorrow because he is very busy onset " stacey says .

"Ok but I'm not promising anything " I say .

"Ok just tell your husband to be very professional and punctual " she says.

"Aren't you going to have some ?" I said .

"You already ate like twenty of those ." Stephanie says .

"Well I have a very healthy appetite " I said .

"And your gaining a lot of weight " she says . I just raise my shoulders not wanting to continue.

" Betty bring champagne for us " stacey said to her maid .

"I don't drink alcohol " I said .

" Just try this one ." She says . I left up my sweater and her eyes widened.

"You pregnant??" She says and i nod .

"Well than congratulations, I hope I will be the child's god mother " Stephenie says .

"It depends , are you willing to be the child's second mother " I say .

"Yes , I do " she .

"Then I Madi  now declare to think about it ." I say and he huffs .

"I'll be waiting and I'll even buy the baby chanel ." She says .

"How far along are you ?" Stacey asks .

"I'm six months almost seven in two days " I say .

"You hid your pregnancy so well I swear no one will ever find out without you telling them " Stacey says which was very true because I was so thin I could literally wear a over sized Jersey and you would never suspect.

"Yeah " i simply say .

"Your husband must be very excited " she says .

"Stacey please do not tell anyone even your husband in my culture it's a taboo to talk about someone's pregnancy ." I smoothly said .

"I swear I will not say anything to anyone ." She said which I was .

____________________________________

I dreaded calling Masego to tell him about the business deal stacey proposed. I have never called him yet  him numbers were store safely in my phone . I can and it rings.

"Hello ." I hear a female voice.

"Hey is Masego with you ." I said .

"Who is this " I heard khayi say .

"Well it's very important that he gets this call " I say rudly .

"Look anything you can say to my husband you can say to me ."khayi said .

"Oh you are bontle Masego's wife , Im sorry can I please speak to my brother " I said trying to get on her nerve .

"Are you Masego's sister ??" She asked .

" Yeah I am , how have you been doing since you get married??" I asked .

"Well I've been doing just fine ??" She played along , what's her game plan.

"Where's Masego ??" I said .

"He's in the bathtub,  I'll tell him to call you back after he is done ." She said . And I ended the call.

After the call I waited patiently for Masego to call me , I couldn't help it but feel like crying.  I was Masego's dirty secret and there was nothing I could ever do about . I couldn't possibly handel being a mother , how would I cope.

Im due in less than three months and the father of the child doesn't even know , he practically wants nothing to do with me and I got that but what if I told him and he treated my child how he treated me .

He was cold towards me and I had accepted what makes matters worse is this child I'm carrying. How was i going to explain me being pregnant for so long without me letting anyone know . Was it the right decision or was I somehow misled .

I was lonely , I needed someone on days like these . Especially when I didn't feel well or I was craving something. Even if that person could just hug me I didn't care. My phone rang and I was sure it was Masego.

Sadly to my disappointment it was an unknown number ." Hello " I said a bit uneasy .

"You thought you could run away from me , take my children with you . But I'll make sure you regret everything,  including being alive " the voice I recognized as my father said .

"Why are you doing this , I left your life for good what do you want cause it was clearly never us." I said .

"Remember I gave you that good life you are living and I can take it back if I wanted ." He said.

"You gave me nothing,  you you gave me is a life of pain and misery just like how you have always wanted ."i spit into the phone .

"I see now people are starting to see you for what you truly are , a worthless bitch. I bet that so called husband of yours is sick of you and your fragile act ." He says .

"I hate you and next time i see you i will kill you with my own bare hands ." I simply said ending the call.

I sent a message to Masego telling him about stacey's husband since he did not call and I gave him stacey's numbers.  After that I switched off my phone .

Drowning myself in my sad reality.