chapter 14

Masego's mom had already left meaning I'm left with Masego and his girlfriend ." Hey maid I need you to wash my clothes " she said handing me a black plastic full of clothes. I ignored her and carried on with what I was doing.

"Make sure you separate the colors properly,  i have very expensive fabric in there " she says . Walking away to Masego's room.

"If you want to be lazy can't you at least call me by my name " I rudly said to her .she stops and turns to look at me

"Excuse me who are you talking to like that , do you know I can get you fired " she said . I stayed quiet because she had the power to send me packing so I had to respect her .

"You say you are Masego's girlfriend, but I can't see one productive thing you are bringing in his life " I said to her

"Im very productive and beautiful " she stupidly said.

"Can't you at least cook or do something for once in your life you can't even wash your own clothes" i say spitting to her .

"Well if I have the money to get poor people to do all those things then why should I" she says . She had a very strong point but she's very irritating at time . I attempt to walk past her but she stops me .

"I'll pay , or are you doing it for free" she said further insulting me . If it was anyother day i would have kept quiet but with all thats happening this was pure disrespect.

"Do I look like I need your money " I said .

"Yeah I mean your poor " she said . Which brought back all the trauma of my father having money yet we lived like beggars

"I will smack you right across that face of yours " I said holding up my palm. Masego came in and found khayi saying a lot of degrading stuff.

"Masego baby your maid insulted me ,I just asked her to help me wash my clothes and pay her but she refused saying she doesn't need my money threatening to smack me "  she says lying through her theeth .

"Masego I don't ever want to see her here , if you must see her do it somewhere else " I said . Mesego froze trying to understand what has just happened.

"Whoa hold up no one is going anywhere  " he says . I walk to the door to open it and I push khayi out as hard as I could and moved her purse from the couch and threw it to her .

"Look take your lazy ass wife and go meet somewhere else " I said really angry .

"Look we are not going anywhere " just by those words I saw red and started pushing him out of the house . I thought I didn't need this drama now , the girl was very disrespectful and had no manners.

He kept on banging on the door but I still didn't open. I left the key on the door incase he has his own key .I went to my room to burry myself in sorrow.  I wished that five years can pass so that at least the abuse I went through was not that fresh .

It felt like it happened moments ago when I sat down and remembered.  And I had nothing to do because I over cleaned the house . Which was sad because thats the only time I was in control . I felt like I needed to find some hobby of some sort , just to get me through with life atill I figured out what I want to do with my life .

____________________________________

Later that day I decided to go visit my siblings ."sister Madileng I'm in the top five learners in my whole grade 12 grade " keletso said .

"What number are you "I asked .

"Im number three " she says knowing what I'll say .

"Not good enough , I think I should find you a private tutor so he can come three days a week " i said eating my ice .

"Yeah I think I should " she says in a low voice.

"You are about to write your trails if you get above ninety percent for any subject you have excluding Life orientation or any language then I'll but you any phone you want " I said to her , because she has been hinting me that she wants an iphone .

"Really,  then challenge accepted " she said.

"Sister Madileng what about me " Mpho said .

" If you pass all your subjects with seventies and above this term then I'll buy you a PS5 " I said to him getting excited.  Mpho was very lazy he never studied but he passed which made me think of tricking him .

From now on I'll put targets for him according to what he wants if he reaches them , then I get him whatever he wants . Which was a good way to motivate children into studying and having a bright future.

"What are you watching " I asked them .

"Its called Witcher" They both said .

" Why couldn't you get DSTV like normal people " I asked them.

"Because its very boring,  they repeat the same movies like they aren't a thousand movies in the world " Mpho said .

"And they started a new channel that plays content before channel 161 which makes me feel small when my friends are watching season five of something and im still at season one and two" keletso said.

"So your telling me that you want to watch something that is watched by many people " i said asking them.

"No we are simply saying that Netflix has quality entertainment at an affordable price" Mpho says . And  high fives keletso and I laugh at their silliness.

"I think I must start watching this Netflix of yours " I said Laughing .

"Yeah , but watch BloodAndWater first " keletso said .

"I'll try and convince Masego to install it for me " I said in a sad tone .

I go to the kitchen and started cooking for my siblings. " can you please cook samp and stew the way mom used to make it " keletso said .

Creamy samp and stew it is  , I put instant samp that cooked for thirty minutes in the pot and used the pressure cooker to cook my beef . Two hours later I was done with  everything and I dished up for them.

"Look I have to go now but I'll call you tomorrow " I said to them taking takeaway for Masego. I hugged both of them and gave them pocket money since it was a Friday.

"Sister Madileng before you go my friends and I want to go to the mall tomorrow may you please give me money " I asked .

"How much do you need " I don't know .

"I'll give you five hundred rands " I said . It was more than enough to buy her all she needed .

"Ok thanks "she gave me a hug .

"I really need to leave now ."I said to them.