chapter 11

The next day I woke up and fine Masego sleeping . He just pulls me back to him and tells me to sleep but I can't sleep past four , I'm always up by this time .so i go back to ly down and think about my life .

About how I'm going to get stuff going with my siblings here and everything. I had to find a school for them here and ask for transfer letters from their previous school .

I felt Masego he was now deep sleeping so I got up to clean the house just to take my mind off things I moved all the furniture and springcleaned the whole house I even washed the windows and took out all the plates in the kitchen and rewashed them .

I was done quickly because the house was really clean so me cleaning it again made it even more cleaner . Around six I started baking ginger cookies but not a lot because it was only me and Masego oh and his girlfriend .

I was done doing everything so ,I woke him up because he was drunk yesterday and I made a mixture that I used to make for my alcoholic father , it helped him with his headache.

After he was done I gave him the mixture and told him to drink it. I went to the kitchen and made him a lunch box so he doesn't go out for lunch today. His family said i must treat him as a king and that's what I was doing .

"You baked " he asked taking a bite of the cookie. And I nodded my head .

"They really nice " he said .

"I know " I said taking one .

"I saw you increased the food you eat you went from half a silce to one which is great " he said eating more of the cookies.

"Can you bake a cake " he asked.

"I can bake cakes any kind I can you name it " I said . My father used to buy ingredients for any cake he wanted and I had to figure it out so I taught myself how to bake and thats the only time I was allowed to use the stove .

"Well what's your favorite cake " he asked me .

"My favorite cake is chocolate mint flavored cake , that's what my mom used to make for us when we were younger " I said looking down on the ground .

"Well I'm going to buy all the ingredients and you are going to teach me how to make it " he said looking really excited.

"And I'm taking you to my job every one is bringing their partners and im bringing you " he said . What happened to khayi wasn't she Masego's partner. I kept quiet not wanting to provoke him or anything.

"Go bath then " he says .

"I bathed a long time ago I'll just go change " I say . I wear a head scarf and clover my head and a long dress with a Tshirt. And came out like that after I was sure nothing was showing .

"Nope you are not going out looking like that , try something else " he said . I called jasmine.

"Hey babes , quick question what can I wear to my husband's work " I ask .

"Do you have any tight dresses perhaps " she asks . I look around and I see a black dress that my aunt bought me when i turned sixteen but I never wore because my father never approved of it .

It was just above my knees and I wore a flat shoe on." Now you look better let's go."

____________________________________

I was sitting in his office on his desk waiting for him to type some report before the party began . "Done "

I looked at him admiring his features. "You can look at me all you want when we get home but we have a party to attend " he says laughing and me embarrassed. 

"Good evening today we are celebrating the big deal we nailed along with our partner " they all clapped and cheered,  so enjoy yourselves.

"What deal did you nail" I said .

"One of the biggest companies in the world has made us their legal representation " he said . I knew nothing about law but I was sure it was a big thing.

"Hey this is my wife Madileng " he introduced me to one of his friends .

"Well i heard a lot of good things about you " The friend winked at me .

"Nice to meet you sir " I said politely .

"Where's khayi " the friend asked . Masego kept quiet and did not answer but if he knew khayi didn't bother me he should have answered.  I got a call and I answered it .

"Sister when are you coming to visit us " keletso asked .

"I don't know keletso I'll make a plan " I said .

"We are getting really worried about you " she said .

"Yeah I know I'll see " I said not want to disclose much .

"Sister Madileng are you alright" keletso asked .

"Yeah , I can't say much I'm at a party " I said . Looking at Masego,i excused myself.

"Look keletso do not call me unless I call or you have a emergency "I said . She caught me off guard I really didn't know what to say .

"I'll come see you later " I said. I turned around and saw Masego in my face and I almost panicked.

"Look jasmine mine we will talk later I'm bust right now " I said .

I look at him and wait for him to say something,  but he looks back at me this situation was not pleasant at all. " Who was that? "

"Jasmine " I said .

"Come on lets go back to the party" he says .