chapter 32

Today I was on bitch mode since what the maiden told me , I was going to act like royalty.  I rang the bell in my room that calls the maid for the first time in my life.

I wait for thirty minutes and no one came I rang the bell again,  twenty minutes later some maid came dragging her feets . " why did you take so long ?" I asked.

"I was busy."  she said to me with an attitude .

"Listen here and listen carefully next time I rang this bell I want you to run if you take more than thirty seconds to come then consider yourself jobless. " I say .

"You actually think you can threaten me ." She says laughing.

"I'm going to make an example with you." I said . I screamed  loudly  making sure everyone hears me I needed to get these people to know I mean business .

"What are you doing?" She said and I ignored her .

Every one came including the king and the queen.  " what's wrong princess Bontle. " the king asks .

"She slapped me and tried to drop my baby ." I said . And the world's bullshit award goes to me , I wanted people to know that I have power to fire them indirectly.

"You dare lay a finger  on the princess. " The king says.

"Go in there and pack all your things and leave. " the king says .

" Ah I didn't slap her , I swear I didn't I did nothing. " she says.

"Are you calling a royal princess a liar." The king said raising his brow .

"I want you to slap her back and if she does anything I will have her head ." The king said .

"Please my king I need this job I'm the bread winner , I have kids and my siblings need me ." She says on her knees crying.

" you should have thought of that ." The king says , oh shit emotional things were backfiring and I thought it was that easy to fire her .

"My king please forgive her let me give her a punishment that will suit her." I say begging on her behalf .

"Ok then since you asked but from now on she's your personal maid if she does anything at all you have the power to fire her no questions asked , infact if anyone disrespects you in any way you have the right to fire them no questions asked ." The king said angrily and leaves with the queen.

"I  want you to go make me samp and stew but my tummy is sensitive to the stove so you have to cook outside. " I said looking at her .

"But I'm done working today ." She say .

"You can go but you must never come back ever ." I say to her .

"I'm sorry I'll do as you want." She attempted to leave.

"Before you go let your fellow peeps know that I ain't the one to be messed with , if or when I ring that bell you run or I'll make sure I hire people that need this job." I say . She quickly goes and cooks samp and chew beef for me .

Hours later she brings the food. " Ah I'm not hungry anymore ." I say looking at my nails .

"So what should I do with the food ." She asks .

"I think you should put it on your head ." I say sarcastically. She takes the plate away . I'm not that stupid I'd never eat food cooked by her ever who knows what she put in there .

She goes away with the plate and I'm left to laugh . I think that should make them treat me better now . A maid comes and calls me for dinner.

"Ah I'm coming. " I say.

I move down stairs and saw that khayi was sitting on my chair , I sit where Masego's little sister usually sits next to the king on the other side of the table  opposite the queen.

Everyone was sited waiting for me . " Bontle may you please pray for us ." The queen says .

"Lord thank you for the wonderful food , bless the hands that made it Amen." I said .

"Amen. " every one said .

" I was thinking of making our wedding next month ." Masego says . Masego and khayi were supposed to be married by now but Masego put everything on hold for some weird reason.

"Isn't that a bit too fast." The queen says.

"Yeah but we can't wait ." Khayi say .

There was something almost like a force that is making sure these two stay unmarried.  I didn't know what was going on but something was going on.

____________________________________

Masego has chosen to work from home , meaning he was going to spend at least a year , but most of the time he is in his office on zoom meetings with his employees.  I really felt for him sometimes .

I asked him why would he leave and come stay here , and he simply said he needed a break from work ,but we all know that he's not there physical but mentally he is in that law firm .

I walked to the stream just to get an open mind and all ,it was around noon so I knew there was no one by this time except the herders . I sat by the rock that I always sit and just think about stuff .

"Madi?" I heard someone say ,I shot my head up and saw Brian.

"Brian!" I got up and gave him a hug .

"What you doing here , aren't you suppose to be at the palace. " he asks.

"I'm just here clearing my mind, what about you ." I said

"Well I don't know something lead me here and here am I. " he said.

"Oh ok , how has life been ?" He says .

" It has been okay I guess." I say in a low tone .

" Just okay ?" He says

"Yeah I mean you know where I come from and you know I never wanted to get married I just wanted to get out ." I say truthfully to him.

"Yeah I get you , you are the girl of my dreams and if I had a chance I would have married you a long time ago." He say . I guess Brian has not changed even one bit .

" If you work hard enough you might , your dream might just come true ." I say laughing.

"Are you serious?" He asks.

"Yeah ." I said . He had a chance with me all that needed to happen was for me to divorce Masego then I'll be free.

"But I'm nothing but I have nothing,  I'm sure you are used to the good life ." He says looking at the ground.

"That's true but the heart wants what it wants, I wouldn't care even if you lived on the street. " I say .

"Do you love him ?" He asks.

" I used to , but he chose someone else and I have to accept that ." I sadly say. He comes and sits next to me covering my shoulders with his hand and I come close to him .

"I'd never chose anyone over you it will  always be you and I'm seeing that can be a reality. " he says .

"Well I think if my father hadn't got me in this mess we would have been together. " I truthfully say . I never loved him ever but my heart was just starting to warm up to him . I think I deserved someone that treated me like a queen.

"I loved you since we were young and I still love you now ." He says .

"Thank you Brian." I said .

"You know I'll make sure you are well taken care of ." He says .

"I know, but you have to give me some time to officially break things with Masego." I simply say smiling .

"Yeah just bear in mind that I love you ." He says .

"I will ." I say .

"I dreamt of this moment all my life ." Brian said brushing my hair . We sit there in silence and just enjoy each other's company.

"Can we meet tomorrow. " he says .

"Yeah I'll come around this time ." I say .