chapter 6

I woke up on a comfortable bed looking around the room and saw the Queen sitting next to me ."hey " she said . I said it back .

"How you feeling she asks " i stand up from the bed .

"I'm fine " i said .

"Good they are about to announce who gets chosen " she said ,

"They still haven't chosen" I asked Looking down not looking in her eyes .

"Yeah we were waiting for my son to arrive " she said .

"Can I ask , if someone were to go and start a new life where would that person go " i asked thinking about my escape plan because there was no way i was going to be chosen.

"Well I'd go to the letlape kingdom, now lets go " she says .

I follow her and a maid comes and accompanys me to where the other girls are sitting. We were clovered in blankets again and the king comes in the room.

"Son choose anyone of your choice they are all beautiful " the king says .

"How do I know that when they are all clovered in blankets,  you know what I'll choose it doesn't matter anyway "  I roughly get pulled by a hand out of the room.  Was I chosen or what .

We finally stopped and I was told to sit and I did that . It was time for my bride price to be paid , and they were discussing with my father and his kingsman.  Finally after an hour I was fetched . "Your pride price has been paid and you were introduced to the gods yesterday ." A voice said .

"Take off your blanket " I heard the person who had roughly pulled me say. I take off my blanket and I see we were standing in the throne room with a lot of royal familys ,kings and queens.

"I bless you both from now on you are man and wife " I was given papers I sign and the prince signs . We haven't looked at each other I didn't dare to , i was scared for some reason and i was relieved at least he was younger then my dad although i didn't know exactly know how young.

"Since you are not from royalty we give you the name Bontle because of your beauty , may you treat our son as a king ,always listen to him and never go against his wishes always respect them " the royal speaker says .

And every one sings praises,  I was taken to the room to go and change.  I wore traditional Tswana clothes for married women , a red shirt and a neavy royal light blue skirt with a white light blanket and a matching head scarf for my head .

The woman in the room told me rules of being married,  they gave me advise and gave me instructions on how to deal with certain stuff . We got out of the room and they started singing.

I stood next to the prince I took a quick glance at him , and I realized he was Masego ,a prince . " Masego what are you doing here " I stupidly asked confused wasn't he getting married and how did he get here .

"Madileng?" He asked and i nodded.

"I'm the prince " he said , now it all made sense .

"So me and you are married" I asked looking really confused, he nods his head .

"Why didn't you tell me you were the prince" I asked him .

"You didn't ask " he simply says. I decided to keep quiet  as I remembered the conversation we had ,fate was really playing a cruel trick on me .I will be married to someone who is in love
With someone else.

Instead of feeling happy that I'll be far away from my father I felt miserable reality hit me really hard . Masego was in love with someone else and I'll be expected to be here faithful to him meaning I'll never get to be happy .

My father came up to me and asked for a minute with me ,I was scared but I didn't want to make it obvious .I followed him and he went around greeting people he knew around.

"Look here you little witch i don't know how you got chosen" he spits out like I almost forgot his plans of marrying me off to someone twice his age.

"I don't want no trouble make sure you kneel down when your husband speaks to you do all that he desires never make him unhappy otherwise if you ever come back I'll marry you off " he says with so much hate in his eyes

"Make sure you make him happy do not speak to him unless he speaks to you , do what i taught you best, obey " he says walking away from me . I felt warm tears running down my cheeks .

This was never what I wanted for myself all I wanted was to escape . To go to a world where I was king , where I could really be myself . A world where words from my heart could be heard .

A peaceful place where I could just cry and cry for hours without anyone disturbing me . But I learned over my whole existence that I was nothing, no one would ever notice me so I had to live like that and accept the facts .
____________________________________

Almost everyone had left excluding the really close family members of the royal family who traveled from far to get here , I was sitting in a room ten times as big as my room . It had white walls and gold thin writing on it which looked really nice .

There was a coffee table at the corner of the room that had stacks of books and two really fancy chair-counches that were silver in color . The room had a king sized bed and on top was a picture of Masego in traditional clothing,  he looked really sexy if I had to admit .

I didn't really know what to do so I sat on the floor not wanting to provoke anyone.  I took off my traditional clothes and changed into pajamas the maid give to me to wear . I sat there for hours and I dozed off on the floor .