chapter 15

I got to the house and found Masego and khayi sitting on the sofa a little bit cousey . I took out the takeaway and dished food for Masego . I first brought him water to wash his hands  .

And I gave him his food in his hands ." Where is khayi's food " Masego asked me .

"Isn't she a woman just like me who has hands just like me " I said walking to my room .

"Madileng don't walk away from me I am your prince " he says . And I stand still and obey him .

"Now be a good girl and fetch a spoon for my girlfriend " he said emphasizing the 'my' . I went to the kitchen and fetched the spoon and gave it to him. And I walked past him .

"Madileng stop , I haven't seen you eat today " he says .

"Ive eaten my prince " I said to him . Standing there waiting for him to dismiss me .

"You may go " he says . Come to think of it the only thing i ate today was ice-cream but I didn't feel hungry at all .

I went to my room and stared at the wall ,I  wanted to leave here but if i did where would I go and how would I survive.  Keletso really needed to get that bursary so I can end this marriage.

But what about Mpho? I asked myself.  Well if keletso is done with school I'll move mpho to a cheaper school so I can pay his whole year's school fees . But what would happen the year after that when he's in grade eleven,  will i move him back to a government school or what .

These where questions I had in my mind . Should I start saving money for rainy days or should i go out and go try find a job . Then it hit me hard I had to go find a job , so I could be stable .but what kind of job would I find with a matric certificate only with no talents or interests.

I had no ambitious in life and that's all thanks to my father.  I have never aspired to be anything in life all I wanted was to get out and I did . But now that I did get out I feel even more trapped and unless at times .

My phone rang and I picked it up almost immediately . " Hey babes I was wondering if you are free tomorrow , my friends are having a braai " she said .

"I'll see you tomorrow  " I said .

"Oh and I bought you something you have to wear tomorrow no matter what " she says . Yeah I knew my wardrobe was  horrible but it was comfortable.

"Ok but I know I'll regret this " I said .

"I hope you do , because that means I did my job" she says .

"Well than what should I bring " I asked since she was coloured I knew most of her friends were black .

"Just bring yourself " she said .

"Ok well in that case are you fetching me or should I uber myself to your place " I say .

"Well I'll come around noon " ok i said .

____________________________________

I woke up early in the morning and first bathed because i can't function if i don't do that first . And I cleaned the whole house like always and made breakfast.

I went to Masego's room to check up on him but he was not there , so I decided to go to his study and I found him and khayi sleeping on the couch . Which was starting to bother me a little. I wanted Masego all to myself but I didn't know where to start.

I knocked loudly on the foor to get them to wake up . " babe what's going on , whose that so early in the morning " khayi says .

"Can you give us some privacy " Masego said . Ouch but I had to understand.