chapter 13

I woke up and cleaned the house i was going crazy at how clean it was so I decided to wash the walls . Since I came I hadn't done that after I was done doing everything I sat staring into space.

I felt hands holding me and I cried
Because I needed to let everything out . I felt like I was a waste of air . Which made me want to end everything. I wanted to kill myself but if i did what was going to my brother and sister.  I lived for them.

"Are you ok " Masego whispered .

"I have nothing left to clean " I said which was not exactly a lie everything was clean the windows were spotless, the sheets were washed everything was neatly folded and clean i tried to do the walls but they were also clean.

He bought me closer to him and carried me to his room in his bed and told me to ly down , I did that and it made me feel even more miserable .

"Mom I think there is something serious wrong with her " I heard Masego whisper to his mother .

"Something like what ?"his mother says .

"I don't know , in the morning i saw her sitting in the dark crying when I asked her she said there was nothing to clean,  is that normal " Masego asked his mom . He thought I was crazy and it pained me couldn't he see that I'm just hurting,  that i need to forget all that's happened that I'm a girl that needs her mother and that I'm trying to glue it all together.

"Son she looks like she's been through a lot let her be and she'll talk to you when she's ready ." His mother said . I got out of the room and went to make breakfast.

I baked vanilla muffins with a caramel centre . It only took me less then an hour but more than thirty minutes. I made everything she's used to eating at the palace but in small portions.

"Breakfast is ready " I said . They came and sat at the table and started eating.  I took a knife and cut the muffin in half and ate only that and drank juice.

"Madileng baby please eat the other half of the muffin do it for me " Masego said .

"I'm full ."I said .

"Please" he said . I took the other half and shuffed it down my throat. And drank juice .

"Bontle listen to me if you continue giving someone as much power as they have over your life then you are doomed " she says , I weakly smile at her and say thank you .

"I'm leaving today when he goes to work please take care of yourself and my son for me " she says .

"I will " I say to her.

____________________________________

Soon after they left I started to bath again to get ready for the meeting at Mpho's school. I call Mpho ." Please get ready I'm coming to get you " I say to him .

I order a urber and I get to tge apartment and I saw it was very untidy , clothes were everywhere on the floor . "Mpho why is this place looking like this ,next time i come i want to see it spotless "he nods and picks the clothes on the floor .

I ordered another urber to take us  to his school . We got there and waited for the principal and the boys parents.

They came in looking really angry
And it was like they had concluded everything aside from me ."Mrs Lerumo I hope your son has told you why we are here " I nod .

"We decided to let him go " I look at them .

"May you please write me a transfer letter to st. Marry " I said they all looked at me shocked .

"You are not even going to beg" the mother next to me asked.

"Why should I when you have already decided without me " I said .

"Look principal I only brought my son to this school because I needed space for him fast but there are better schools with more understanding than this one" i said not in the mood to ague , the parents were white and i put two and two and saw that they all discussed this without me .

"Every moment I spend here I'm losing a million somewhere so if it's not too much i want you to write that letter unless my child is staying in this school but you must know someone as powerful as me will ruin this school's reputation " I say standing up leaving with Mpho

"Wait " the principal says.

"Mpho go to class " I say .

"Next time you call me tell me about a fundraiser not this racists shit , And both of you should be ashamed of yourself depriving a young black child from learning " I say looking at them and leaving just like that .