chapter 33

Today was a good day for me , I couldn't wait to go meet Brian again. We have been meeting at the stream for the past month .I was starting to like him a lot and he generally made me smile .

Today I was dressed differently,  I put in a little more effort to look good . Olebogeng was a sweet heart I have taught him to sleep around the time I go to the stream , which works for me because I spent the whole day with him .

"Maiden I'll be going now please make sure when he wakes up you feed him ." I said .

"Ok my princess." She says

"If anyone asks where I went just say I went to my aunt's. "I said leaving . On my way out I saw Masego on the stairs .

"Er where you going looking like that ?" He asks.

"Last time I checked we were separated meaning I can go anywhere I want to go without you questioning me ." I said .

" Oh so now you have a boyfriend? " he says .

"Yeah I  have just like you have a girlfriend. " I said.

"But you know that's different. " he says and I can't help but laugh.

"Yeah and this is also very different. " I said leaving him on the stairs.

I got to the stream and saw Brian waiting patiently for me . He was looking very fine and I like that he was very tall but not taller than Masego . And I was very short compared to the both of them.

"Boo!" I said and he smiled. 

"Madi , you look beautiful as always of course ." He says giving me a hug .

"Well you don't look so bad yourself. " I said and we both laughed.

"What's that suppose to mean , I'm hot ." He says fanning himself with his hand.

"Confident much are we ." I say laughing at his silliness.

"A man has to be confident. " he says .

"Ok , you go mr confident. " I say.

"Yeah I think I like that. " he says . He gives me a rose and I smile and a chocolate slab.

"Thanks I've never got anything like this ." I say .

"With me you might get that every day ." He says .

"That's why I'm here." I say.

"And I love that you are here ." He say holding my hand.

There was something that drew me closer to Brian,  besides his charm it was the littlest things he did that got me . That's why he has a place in my heart now.

"I told my father that I wanted to get married ." He says , and I was shocked.

"Yeah but I can't divorce Masego atill next year when my child is six months. " I said .

"Yeah and I'll wait but he threatened to get a wife for me ." He says.

"Your father must be out of his mind your only twenty one , can't he wait for you to be at least thirty ." I say .

" you know how these parents are , he says by the time he was eighteen he already had a child at his house with his wife ." Brian says .

"I wish I could just take Olebogeng with me and just run." I say .

"Why you leaving me behind. " he says which made me laugh .

"He brought his girlfriend at the house last month and she doesn't want to leave. " I say remembering that I have to deal with seeing khayi every day .