chapter 10

Today was the day I had been waiting for. My siblings were arriving today, and I couldn't hold myself. I woke up very early in the morning to clean,  wash, and iron our clothes .

I cooked Masego breakfast and took out his clothes and ran him a hot bath because I knew he woke up by this time . Twenty minutes later, he came out of his room and greeted me .

"I ran you a bath, and after you're done, your clothes are on the sofa, and breakfast is ready," I said . He nodded and went to the bathroom. My phone started ringing and I picked.

"Hey babes, I was calling to know what time I should pick you up," Jasmine asked .

"Come around two o'clock," I said, giving her my apartment number.

After Masego was done in the bathroom and everything, he came to eat his breakfast. "Madileng, I just want to say I'm sorry," he said .

" You don't have to be sorry, I understand," I said, eating my own breakfast .

"Look, I might marry khayi to be my second wife, meaning you might have to move back home," he said. That's the one thing I didn't want ,going back home to be closer to that monster .

"I understand, but if you do marry her, I will give you my blessings as your first wife, but I want you to buy me my own house here," I said
He looked at me shocked at what i just said ,I think he though i was going to disagree but I really don't have the right to I mean I know he loves khayi and will always love her .

Why must I force him to love me or to start acting like I'm his wife , I wasn't going to do that ever , I have to give him time and peace to figure out his life and hope he thinks a little about me .

"I promise to fix my shit and buy you your own house," he says, giving me a smile like I just made him happy .

If I wanted to stay here comfortable, I had to say yes to what he wanted and agree with everything he did. Even if I  know or believe it's wrong, I just had to .

"Thanks," I said, clearing the table and washing the dishes.

He left for work . I was finally a little free. I went to the bathroom to take and put lotion on my body and spent the day naked walking around the house freely

____________________________________

Jasmine sent me a text saying she was coming, so I fixed myself up and started getting ready . I wore a long skirt with a white shirt and sneakers . I looked like a typical village girl .

I heard a knock on the door and took my bag , I opened and I saw Jasmine at my door she looked casual.  "Come in," i said .

"Wow, your house is really nice," she said, looking around the house . It was pretty eye-catching, but I was used to it now . " Would you like anything to drink?"

"Wine would be fine," she said, sitting on the couch .

"Ok." I went to Masego's room and went to his bar in his room and picked any wine I saw there. I took out a wine glass and gave it to her .

"You must be really rich . Do you know how much this wine is? " she said . I only laughed because how would I know I'm only a village girl who knows nothing about this life .

"It's half a million rand," she said. So Masego bought a wine worth so much money to just put in his room and make it look pretty , I'll never understand what goes on in people with money ' minds .

"Can I keep it?" she asks .

"Sure,"  it's the least I can do for her help .We waited for two hours and  I got a call  ." Sister Madileng, we have arrived."